Fax app ?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by gresh14, Mar 11, 2013.

1. gresh14

gresh14 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Has anyone used any of the fax apps available in the App Store ? None of them seem to have the greatest reviews. Thanks!

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 2
    I did a quick search, using the term fax app and got 173 results. One of them may meet your needs.

3. gresh14

gresh14 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    yes I saw the many to choose from I was hoping someone has one that they would recommend because the reviews on most were not that great

4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,007 / 1
    Scanner Pro is a good app and has a FAX feature; however I've never used that option so I can't vouch for how, or how well that part works. I don't even know of any place to send a test FAX.

5. gresh14

gresh14 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    you know i have that app and didint know it had fax capabilities. There are a few test fax number online that I've used in the past-thanks i'll open my app and check it out!

6. geoluv

geoluv iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Faxburner is free and gives you virtual numbers good for 24 hours and lets you receive up to 25 pages per month for free. Also lets you send 5 total pages for free. Also because of the new safari uploading options in ios6 there is a trick to upload your fax to a website that does free faxes. If you send a receive a lot of faxes you might want to find a good app though, I think a good app would have the following features: gives you a dedicated number for sending and receiving faxes, stores the incoming faxes, push notification when you receive a fax, "open with..." function, and not too expensive, preferably a nice reasonable flat rate instead of charging you by the fax, or at least a low per-fax rate like 10 cents or something. Sme of them are 99 cents a fax. Also make sure they let you buy the faxes with in app purchases instead of logging into a website and using your credit card, for securities sake.

I'm looking for a free way to send and receive faxes on my pad too so I'm interested in people's replys to this thread. I'm thinking there has to be a website that offers free faxing services these days, there is no shortage of free VoIP services and some VoIP services work well with faxes.

7. gresh14

gresh14 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    thanks!