What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite TV show

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love the mentalist he's a very sexy man.
Also love the cooking shows on food channel
Cook and the chef
Jamie Oliver at home
Neil perry

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the Mentalist guy is hot! My eldest got me into that show. Very unusual. But then like CSI programs and variants of that sort of thing. I find it fascinating how people think they can get away with murder but it must be harder to do what with DNA etc... MacDailyNews had a story about a chap in USA where he had a program in his Mac called hidden and when it was nicked, it showed the thief(or the person who had bought it on the street) on the screen and the police were able to get it back but only after the owner blogged it on-line.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone heard the song on the latest Dulux ad? It's the song from the program "The littlest Hobo". My hubby doesn't know this program. I'm assuming I saw it in South Africa! It was about this scruffy little dog which wandered from town to town helping people. I think it was american but can anyone help me out? I'm sure I'm not dreaming.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why thank you very much! I thought I was going round the bend. Thank you AA

hardinero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorites so far are vampire diaries and game of thrones.

Just wondering on how i can watch it in my ipad like streaming or some sort of url thats viewable in ipad. Coz searching in yourube kinda confused me.

raggabumpin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bones..ncis...mike n molly ha... Two n half men bt strugglin with newone cos nt same without charlie

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My absolute favorites list:

Star Trek: Enterprise (well, anything Trek, for that matter)

Real Time With Bill Maher

M*A*S*H*

Emergency! (I'm a Paramedic who started as an EMT in 1979 so, yeah, part of my inspiration....got to meet Randy "Johnny Gage" Mantooth, too)...along with that the usual staple of "Adam-12" and "Dragnet".

Dr. Who (everything since I started watching in the early 70s...as much as I loved Jon Pertwee as the 3rd Doctor and David Tennant as the 10th, Matt Smith is rapidly becoming my fave as the 11th and he's doing a bang-up job)

Kung Fu

The Prisoner (60s series with Patrick McGoohan)

Cosmos (70s series with Dr. Carl Sagan....I'm an astronomer)

Cash Cab (good clean fun!)

The Adventures of Superman (50s series with George Reeves, who was awesome but in my heart of hearts, Christopher Reeve WAS and IS Superman)

Space Academy (from the 70s, only because I'd a crush on Pamelyn Ferdin for years)

The Odd Couple (Neil Simon's original with Walter Matthau and Tony Randall)

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Are You Being Served?

And...

Blackadder (with Rowan Atkinson. The ending of the last episode was very profound and moving for a sitcom....it pulls at my heart always)

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
My absolute favorites list:

Star Trek: Enterprise (well, anything Trek, for that matter)

Real Time With Bill Maher

M*A*S*H*

Emergency! (I'm a Paramedic who started as an EMT in 1979 so, yeah, part of my inspiration....got to meet Randy "Johnny Gage" Mantooth, too)...along with that the usual staple of "Adam-12" and "Dragnet".

Dr. Who (everything since I started watching in the early 70s...as much as I loved Jon Pertwee as the 3rd Doctor and David Tennant as the 10th, Matt Smith is rapidly becoming my fave as the 11th and he's doing a bang-up job)

Kung Fu

The Prisoner (60s series with Patrick McGoohan)

Cosmos (70s series with Dr. Carl Sagan....I'm an astronomer)

Cash Cab (good clean fun!)

The Adventures of Superman (50s series with George Reeves, who was awesome but in my heart of hearts, Christopher Reeve WAS and IS Superman)

Space Academy (from the 70s, only because I'd a crush on Pamelyn Ferdin for years)

The Odd Couple (Neil Simon's original with Walter Matthau and Tony Randall)

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Are You Being Served?

And...

Blackadder (with Rowan Atkinson. The ending of the last episode was very profound and moving for a sitcom....it pulls at my heart always)

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Wow, Michael, a lot of those are mine too, especially the trenches ending of Blackadder.
I love Matt Smith, he is so quirky and how Dr Who should be, I'm not sure of the film that is said to be coming and if it hasn't got Matt in, what is the point?
I'm a Trekkie, so yes, all films, program's etc...
1999 was good too
I used to watch M*A*S*H* too.
I loved 2 and a half men, not so sure of the new one with Ashton Kutcher
All vampire program's, sorry! I'm a girl, love vampire love stories - I also love An Interview With A Vampire film too!
Whose Line is it Anyway, UK and USA
I've got to go but I'll be back with more!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Wow, Michael, a lot of those are mine too, especially the trenches ending of Blackadder.
I love Matt Smith, he is so quirky and how Dr Who should be, I'm not sure of the film that is said to be coming and if it hasn't got Matt in, what is the point?
I'm a Trekkie, so yes, all films, program's etc...
1999 was good too
I used to watch M*A*S*H* too.
I loved 2 and a half men, not so sure of the new one with Ashton Kutcher
All vampire program's, sorry! I'm a girl, love vampire love stories - I also love An Interview With A Vampire film too!
Whose Line is it Anyway, UK and USA
I've got to go but I'll be back with more!

Wow! Where's a girl like you around when I need one? Bad enough I've never married and am in my mid 40s, I can't seem to find someone who actually likes this stuff as much as I do...

No Matt = possibly dull flick. But I'll go anyway to get my Dr. Who fix. No show put me hiding behind the sofa like Dr. Who did when I was a boy, but I always knew the good doctor would keep us all safe! The U.S./BBC collaboration Dr. Who movie years ago was pretty decent IMHO and Paul McGann had it GOING. Too bad he never got a chance to have his own series as the 8th Doctor. He really did the part well. My first Doctor was Sir Peter Cushing. Loved him in the two Daleks movies he was in.

LOVED Space:1999...forgot that on my list! Would love to see a remake of it, though some serious fans have digitally enhanced and, to some aspect, "updated" some of the episodes. Even gave better reason for the Moon's departure and improved many scenes. Great stuff I've been watching via YouTube...I think under "Space:2099". Will have to look at my faves to be sure. They have a web site. You'd like it.

M*A*S*H* is a show I can watch anytime, anywhere, any day. Just superb. I look forward to it in the evenings on the rerun/pop culture channels. Right along with Our Gang/Little Rascals and The Three Stooges, which I love and catch every now and ten. I wax nostalgic on occasion. All of these shows are timeless.

Trek is awesome. Yeah, I'm a Trekker too. I like all of it, though I couldn't get into Voyager as much as the others. DS9 had some of the best writing and character development in the franchise. TNG's "The Inner Light" and Enterprise's "Twilight" are my two fave episodes. What's your fave Trek episodes? My fave Captains are Archer and Picard, fave ship us the NX-01. I'm actually writing bits of a pre-Starfleet (long prior to Archer) era story (along with three other original sci fi stories I've been working on). I absolutely LOVE the new 2009 Trek-(J.J. Abrams universe...he made Trek cool again) and am eagerly awaiting the sequel, hopefully next year.

Question...do you like Dune, by chance? I'm a big Dune fan (all 18 books, 1984 movie and both mini-series). Just wondering.

Vampire stuff? Meh...but I do like some of it. "Interview..." was excellent. I like some zombie stuff as well as pandemic stuff. Fave movies of the genre like: 28 Days Later, I Am Legend, Children of Men (GREAT film), Underworld, Ultraviolet, Resident Evil, etc. and of course Shaun of the Dead. I love clever wit and Simon Pegg, who never lets me down.

Oh, for talk shows, only two for me: Late Night With Craig Ferguson (love him! He's a loon!) and Graham Norton.

Liked 2 and a Half Men with Charlie. Stopped watching when he left and went off the deep end. Like his movies though (I do like war movies). Ashton is a strange fit. Not sure what they were thinking when they picked him.

Also got a kck out of the 70s Batman (what a gas!) and 60s Lost In Space. There was a Saturday morning live action show in the 70s called Ark II that I thought was fascinating as a kid.

Whose Line Is It Anyway is awesome. I love improv and stand-up of all kinds. I miss George Carlin.

Oooooh! Almost forgot...another all time fave show: MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000 (MST3K). I loved Joel, Mike and the 'bots with their riffs on stinker films. I appreciate it because, well, I'm that way at times, myself with really bad films (and I'm actually very tolerant of some films folks don't think are very good). "We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese", followed by a litany of crazy names for the lead character, like Rip Steakface, Dirk Hardpeck, Rock Punchgroin, Big McLargehuge and Splint Chesthair. ROLMAO! Space Mutiny and Puma Man were the best!

Last edited:

unzoosin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After prison break it's vampire diaries all the way! <3 and the ost's rocks! :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMG! You are like the other half of me! Yes, you are so right! Those daleks and Cyberman, eek! I was also behind the couch. Tom Baker was my Dr. I agree Paul McGann should have had a chance with the new series. That crappy script he was given didn't help! The Peter Cushing films were great too! How could you miss 1999? What about Logan's run, another favourite.
Star trek - to boldly go where no man has gone before! Awesome!
I have to have a fondness for William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. So pleased he was on the new Star Trek film. The new guys did a great job. Simon Pegg as Scotty, hilarious.
The Next Generation, I loved Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) and Commander William Riker (Jonathan Frakes). Deanna Troi as Marina Sirtis, and Worf as the first Klingon officer in Starfleet, played by Michael Dorn. Gates McFadden as Dr. Beverly Crusher, my hubby liked her. LeVar Burton as chief engineer Geordi La Forge, loved his specs! Android Data portrayed by Brent Spiner, I must admit, I was fond of him.

Deep Space Nine, I also have a fondness for as I was able to watch all of them because I was at home with my kids when that was on.
I loved Voyager as it had the first female captain - Kate Mulgrew as Captain Kathryn Janeway.

I don't think I ever got to see the last series?
Of course I'm a Dune fan! I read 2 or 3 of the books and saw the movie, I have it on video. Talking of which I've got a few Trekkie program's and the full set of films. The voyage home and Generation are my favourites. I can't wait for the new one next year!
I remember a program called "V". Aliens popping out of humans. Long time ago now but was popular at the time in SA.
Craig Ferguson and Graham Norton are also my favourite presenters with UK presenters, Jonathan Ross, Russell Howard and Alan Carr! Hilarious!
Batman and lost in space! Yes, I watched them too! Biff! Smash! Hee Hee. Loads of fight scenes. I also loved the Lost in Space film. Where's the blooming sequel, for goodness sake.
Ryan Stiles(who's great in 2 and a half men and the Hot shots films) and Colin Mochrie, Greg Proops and Wayne Brady - sigh! I loved them all especially the guest comedians. My favourite guest was the one with Richard Simmons! Oh my god, never laughed so hard in my life. If you haven't seen it, YouTube now! Little Richard was hilarious! I love Robin Williams too!
I've forgotten how much I miss that program! I'm sure I've seen all of the UK and all of the USA episodes on record.
See Michael, there are others like you even female ones! Hayley xx

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As you would seem to be the other half of ME, Hayley. :thumbs:

Oh....but those WEEPING ANGELS....they are the scariest of ALL Who villains. Blink was one of THE best episodes ever. Even a week later, I had a hard time with statues anywhere. :p Logan's Run...as a TV series was okay. I enjoyed the movie more (while every guy was gushing over Farrah Fawcett, I liked Jenny Augutter the best). Another interesting show of the era was Fantastic Journey. Great concepts and storylines, too bad it didn't last beyond ten episodes.

Yeah, the whole gang in the new Trek did very well. Zach Quinto's resemblance to Nimoy/Spock Prime is...uncanny. And the guy who I thought most NAILED his role was Karl Urban as Dr. McCoy. "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?" was the one scene that just froze me because, for a moment, I saw Deforrest Kelly again. The one fellow who I thought would've made a great Scotty was Paul McGillion, who not only is a dead ringer for Jimmy Doohan's Scotty, he's also from Scotland. Pegg, on the other hand, is not but-thanks to some help from his wife (who IS Scottish)-he did very well. They may not have cast Paul because he was a bit too old for the age set of the characters, as they were coming out of the Academy, but Trek canon is that Scotty was older than the others to begin with (aside from Spock, who was already old as snot and graduated before the others). Oh well. He did manage to land a role in the film as the officer handing out crew assignments in the big shuttle hangar. Picard, yes, absolutely one of the two best captains, in my book (Archer the other). His character is the hallmark of what I'd consider what we should strive to be in terms of evolved civility, understanding and reasoning. Pat Stewart is such a FINE actor and a strikingly handsome man. One of the best. I so desperately want to see him opposite of David Tennant in Hamlet. That would be insanely great, as both are students of Shakespeare. And who doesn't love Brent Spiner/Data? I was just in TEARS when Data died to save the others in the last TNG movie. More than I was when Spock died in Wrath of Khan (still one of the best ST films to date). Data was always the one guy you wanted in your corner, no matter what. From TOS and beyond, Scotty was-and always will be-my favourite character in the Trek universe, so you can imagine my pleasure in seeing Simon Pegg in the role. Another character I really wanted to see more of in the Trek universe was Commodore Matt Decker (The Doomsday Device remains one my fave episodes from that era). There's a whole backstory on him, legendary stuff like that of Commodore Garth of Izar-both men's exploits being required reading at the Academy. William Windom was a classically trained actor and he really made the character's meltdown very believable, ala Captain William Bligh (in fact, that's who he patterned his character after). That said, I'm ecastatic about seeing Captain Chris Pike (portrayed beautifully by Bruce Greenwood) and expec to see more from him in the next film. I would love to have seen something from canon's Captain Robert April, who was officially the Enterprise's original skipper, but the JJ-verse appears to have Pike with that honour.

You never got to see ENTERPRISE? Go. Check. It. Out. By far my favourite incarnation of Trek-and a lot of people agree. A lot of controversy with it and it had a bit of a slow start, but by the end of the third season and into the last season it was getting steam, cranking out great drama and, wouldn't you know it, the networks killed it due to poor ratings (truth be told, nit-picky Trekkers who are stuck on TNG and TOS actually killed it...grrrr....). It definitely had the look and feel of pre-Federation Star Trek. Barely capable of warp 5. Still using plasma rifles. Teleportation? Only for non-biomatter, so shuttles only (for a while). Spacesuits. Force fielding and tractor beams...what are THEY? Klingons...HUH? The NX-01 is my favourite ship. The producers spent time aboard a US Navy sub to get the look and feel for this boat. Kirk wasn't the only shoot-first-ask-questions-later kind of guy. Archer was first in that department. All this....100 years before Kirk and Co. came onto the scene.

BONUS points that you like Dune! I've read ALL the books and even liked the ones written by Brian Herbert/Kevin Anderson (a lot of Dune purists don't, and I understand why, but much of what they wrote DID stay true to Frank's original vision, although they took some dramatic license with it). My favourite book: Chapterhouse: Dune Great stuff. God Emperor of Dune is excellent but totally heady stuff that explains a lot, most of it being dialog and very little action. Could be boring for some folks so they can actually skip it. Chapterhouse, things really take off, more is explained and the whole Duniverse opens up. I encourage you to read all of Frank's original books. And...the new Dune remake movie is still plodding along in the development stages. I LOVED David Lynch's 1984 flim, though it's hotly debated. While the film suffered endless problems with scripting and production, David nailed the look and feel of Dune and even Frank himself said so. The 2000 mini-series was good, truer to the source material but lacked the style Lynch presented. There is just NO way any part of the Dune saga can be told in just one movie. The whole thing spans thousands of years, not to mention the intensely complex hierarchical, social-political and religious structures of the Duniverse. 'nuff said.

V...hah! I remember that. It was okay. Didn't really watch the newer version. The only "remake" of any 80s sci-fi show I bothered to watch was Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica. Pretty edgy stuff. Do you remember Invasion of the Body Snatchers from way back? Great stuff, lemme tell ya. There was a newer version years ago. I think a remake is in the works. Oh yeah! Almost forgot a BIG fave: Firefly! Great stuff, there. Another awesome show that met a too-early demise (not unlike the Japanese manga Cowboy Bebop, whose style was similar).

Gotta love Craig and Graham. Craig is just so off the hook with his unscripted talent and Graham with his zany stuff. My favourite is the voice-over speakers prank in the toilet stalls in a women's restroom. Insanely HILARIOUS. If you haven't seen it, drop whatever you are doing, go now to YouTube and pull it up. My sides hurt so much from laughing as I watched that episode when it first aired and they still do to this day viewing it again. Classic stuff. Oh the bit with Richard Simmons was brilliant. Right up there with the humour of Sir Elton's visit on the show when he sat on a call Graham made to one of his fans.

LOVE Robin Williams. The grand master of ad-lib and improv. He's a national treasure. I love his films, particularly Bicentennial Man and What Dreams May Come, both of which-like (especially) Ghost-always make me cry. 1 Hour Photo was creepy, but one of his finest performances.

Yeah, what's up with the frakkin' sequel to LOS, anyway? I'll tell ya: it's in production hell at the moment. They're working on it but have hit some snags and are back to finding a new director, I think. Ugh. It's in a dead heat with Dune to get out the gate and into the studios.

LOL...Hot Shots. All that stuff is great. Let's not forget Robin Hood: Men In Tights. "And why should they believe YOU?" "Because, of all the men who've played Robin Hood, I am the only one who has a British Accent." Guffawing here.

Oh, coming back to remakes...one of my fave stories of all time...Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 was a GREAT film back in the 60s. I eagerly await to see how this timeless story san be told in the modern era. Truly a classic. I hope the remake retains the look, style and feel of the original film. While on the subject of sci-fi movies....I'm also one who appreciates The Postman (filmed right here in central Oregon!) and Zardoz, the latter being a film even Sir Sean Connery would rather disown, a briliant and thought-provoking story with a very interesting look and feel about it. Any girl who even remotely appreciates Zardoz for what it is (and not just because we see a half-naked Connery in his earlier years) gets my hand in marriage!

Back to TV, though, which is what this thread is about: Who can forget The Twilight Zone (Rod Serling was a genius) and The Outer Limits?

See Michael, there are others like you even female ones!

Oh, I know there are. Problem is...they're all on the other side of the pond!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts