What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had to choose just one....

'TuneIn' - the Internet radio player - 57p (UK) - I guess about 80¢ US - it has so many (hidden) features.

Tim
Scotland - still sunny...two days in a row...must be that Global Warming...

OP
S

Suzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for replying to my first ever thread on here! As it happens tunein radio was one of my first purchases on my iPad. I'm now intrigued about the hidden extras....lol

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well - not really extras. Probably stuff I'm to stupid to figure out in the first place.

I love the 30 minute buffer, so you can go back and listen to a favourite track while the music is still playing and being stored in the buffer.

I love the fact that, if you ask it to record, the 30 minute buffer is automatically included so, say you just heard your favourite piece of music - and hit record - OK, no problem, you haven't missed the first few seconds because there's the 30 minute buffer there.

It records even in sleep mode...

If you are listening to a station that has album cover icons come up as the music is playing, a recording stores those and you can just tap the record album icon to go directly to that track.

I listen on 3G while travelling on the bus. Inevitably there are times when the connection is poor and the 'buffering' logo comes up. But you can always go back and listen to a previous track while it's buffering or, in another case, when there are ads. I notice too that, even though when it's buffering you can't *at that moment* hear the music, it 'backfills' the recording so you'll find that your recordings don't have 'buffering' gaps in them.

Set the alarm to record a specific program even when the iPad is in sleep mode.

Cool integration with Google maps and GPS - you can select 'local' stations based on your current position as determined by GPS, you can 'see' where you currently are on Google maps and where the station you're listening to is located.

I *love* the fact that you can stream music via 3G indefinitely (I have an 'all you can eat' data plan) and somehow they've got around the Apple-imposed 20GB 3G data limit - smart guys!!

It's ultra-stable and intuitive....it feels like a really well-thought out and engineering product. As an engineer I get a really nice warm feeling inside when I come across something that's been really well thought out.

What would I improve?? Difficult to think of anything really!! Some people would probably like the ability to export recordings as mp3 tracks, but I'm sure there are all sorts of copyright reasons why you can't do that - stands to reason, really.

If you've found any more 'hidden' features, it would be great to hear of them.

Tim
Scotland

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I had to choose just one....

'TuneIn' - the Internet radio player - 57p (UK) - I guess about 80¢ US - it has so many (hidden) features.

X2 !!

It's my most used app. I'm listening to internet radio over the iPad right now as I type this message. Since I got the TuneIn app, most of the radio I listen to in the car is streamed from the internet using my 3G iPad.

I have Sirius satellite radio and I'm considering cancelling my subscription because there are so many good internet radio stations.

Most reactions