What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite planet/star gazing app?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Thanks again, loading stelarium now, that looks more what I'm looking for and can use Skyorb for more info. I like it best for specific searches, Star Chart last night had me doing a full 360 circle to find anything, then it turns out was in the center to begin with.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Cool. Stellarium came out just a little while ago and they're working on an update. I find the desktop PC version a little more featured (also free) but this isn't bad.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikeos said:
Exoplanet is a really good app and it's free!

It is and I like it. Fascinating stuff. However, it can be pretty dry material for those who are casually interested or just getting into astronomy.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Star Walk! Have learned so much from it and it's fun. It's one of those apps I never grow tired of. I have it on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4. I've read that with these generations you can use a telescope and the app will "control" it. The info about it is always very vague though. Even the developers manual.. http://vitotechnology.com/manual_/pdf/StarWalk_manual_en.pdf ...lacks any good info about it. I am sure it takes a certain kind of telescope to do this.

Anyone know more about about this? How it connects? List of telescopes that will work with it? Google has not able to clue me in about this with any keyword combos I have tried.

Most reactions

Latest posts