Favorite News App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Robertt, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    This is the issue with many of the ones like pulse, even including Early Edition. Their advertisement photo, so to speak, shows all these great photos, but aside from a few feeds...most feeds that you add on your own do not show pictures. Gizmodo shows pics, I think Yahoo...but not Foxnews, etc.

There are so many RSS readers out there though, I'm trying to figure out which one I want to switch to. Hell if most of the stories just come up one line, I might as well just have an RSS reader that lists the stories.

2. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I like Pulse because it's simple and a great way to scroll through stories from multiple different sources. I also like that I can choose whether to read the text version of the story or the actual web version.

3. nanohits

nanohits
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Matt check out NewsRack. IMO its the best and simple RSS Reader on the App Store. Works really well and its mighty fast even with a slow connection. I have tried Early Edition Pulse etc and all it is, is that they just look pretty but functionality wise give NewsRack a try. Its better than the other 2.

4. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Heh form vs function and we bought the iPad as it was at the junction between technology and the liberal arts....

5. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Not me, I'd rather have a nice simple RSS rather than something fancy that only supports 20 feeds, or either one of the ones that doesn't do anything but give you two lines of the headlines.

Thanks Nano, I'm going to download it as soon as I finish reading all the updates to my subscriptions.

6. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    nano - thanks for the suggestion, I am now exclusively using this as my RSS feeder!

7. FrostyFire

FrostyFire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    One thing that annoys me with Pulse:

When you scroll down, then scroll right through a source and tap on a story, when you go back (tapping home) it doesn't take you back to the position you were on. This is rather annoying.

8. nanohits

nanohits
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Good to know. IMO its the best one out there and it is quite fast and I always use this as it works very well.

9. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Yes, there is no feed restriction, in addition their database of feeds is pretty extensive as opposed to manually entering, and it is very quick.