What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Ipad Browser

Favorite Ipad/Ipad 2 Browser

• Atomic

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • Cloud

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Penguin

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sarafi

Votes: 113 55.1%
  • Skyfire

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Other- Please Specify

Votes: 37 18.0%

• Total voters

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently made a switch from Safari to the Mercury browser. I'm not sure which I prefer though. I really like Safari for it's smoothness and the fact that it can download stuff, unlike Mercury, which tends to stop loading from time to time. What I do like about Mercury is the tabs though, because this means I can visit more than 1 page at a time without having to re-load pages every time I switch, which is something cannot do on Safari. In the end, I just switch between the two.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Mountainbikermark Yes Terra was a cool iPad Web Browser.
Was? Yes you can't download it anymore... Why? Ask Apple.
It might have something to do with the tracking issue?
Anyway a great browser now removed...
Terra -> Full screen, Gestures and unlimited tabs, Search/find in page, Save as and so on.

hfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried and purchased several, including Atomic, Mercury, iLunascape, iSwifter and iCab. I'm a longtime Firefox user, so probably trying to find something that feels close to that. So far, iCab is winning, although I'd love to be able to change the font size. I do use iSwifter when absolutely necessary to get Flash stuff, but get out of it as quickly as possible, because it browses at the speed of molasses at the north pole.

Thanks to a previous poster, I'm off to find CloudBrowse, and wait for Terra to show up again.

kimbr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Twitter from Readdle's page.

Can u tell me why y ipad2 has question marks on all pictures...or guide me in the right place..I'm new at this sight. Thanks. Kimbr. What browsers have flash player?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
kimbr said:
Can u tell me why y ipad2 has question marks on all pictures...or guide me in the right place..I'm new at this sight. Thanks. Kimbr. What browsers have flash player?

It is going to depend on the sites you visit. The iPad does not support extensions like Flash, Silverlight, and Java. If the site has those you may end up with a place holder graphic/questionmark. Standard graphics and pictures should display normally.

Here is the forum's sticky thread on Flash, for more details.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

akkib89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suprised that not many mentioned the Dolphin browser....Perfect for browsing!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This survey started before Dolphin browser was available on the iPad. All but the last five post, including mine, were over a year ago.

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have atomic web installed and chrome but I use chrome more and of course because I cant change the default browser (not jailbroken so I cant use browserchanger) I end up using all thre but chrome more then the others

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These days I use 3 browsers (except when Safari is launched by default)

Chrome
Puffin (for flash)
Mercury (when I don't want to appear to be "mobile")

Most reactions

Latest posts