What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fault after mini touch screen replacement

Dgoodrid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

Just replaced my iPad mini touch screen as was cracked very bad.

It boots up but does the following

A) will not rotate screen
B) when you press around the home button the iPad locks

I think I've put the magnets back right from what I saw.

Any help greatly received

Dave
UK

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi,

Just replaced my iPad mini touch screen as was cracked very bad.

It boots up but does the following

A) will not rotate screen
B) when you press around the home button the iPad locks

I think I've put the magnets back right from what I saw.

Any help greatly received

Dave
UK
Hi Dave, and welcome to the forum.:)
I've transferred your thread to the iPad DIY forum where you may stand a better chance of assistance. Check out the posts there. There are a number of useful links that will give you ideas on how to proceed.
Regards, Andrew

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
replacement touch screens for iPad minis are fragile, glitchy and just all around miserable in general. Make sure your ribbon cable is not pinched between the glass and frame, all of the good parts are covered in tape and that there is no debris caught between the glass and frame.
With that being said , it sounds like a defective home button circuit is causing your problems. You will likely have to try another replacement touch screen.

OP
D

Dgoodrid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
replacement touch screens for iPad minis are fragile, glitchy and just all around miserable in general. Make sure your ribbon cable is not pinched between the glass and frame, all of the good parts are covered in tape and that there is no debris caught between the glass and frame.
With that being said , it sounds like a defective home button circuit is causing your problems. You will likely have to try another replacement touch screen.

Thanks, could it not be something to do with the magnet placing?

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The magnets are there only to hold the Smart Cover closed. They should have no affect on the home / power button circuits. Actually most aftermarket replacement screens don't even have the smart sensor sleep /wake components on them, rendering smart covers useless when it comes to auto sleep/wake.

Most reactions

Latest posts