What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastest wall adaptors for charging

C821

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that sometimes my charger works and sometimes it doesn't. I was wondering which adapters,for a wall socket, are the most reliable and fastest for charging the iPad ... including the cord. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The one that came with the iPad is best.

If i is not working properly, then it should be covered under your warrantee.

Forhad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your 10W iPad specific adaptor charges the battery in an efficient way. Actually the wall adaptor charges twice fast than the USB. So i think wall adaptor charges more faster.

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the wall adaptor which you have owned with the iPad is the best and most reliable. But try to use that adapter and if you find any problem then check the warrantee and fix it from the provider.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The battery is a lithium-polymer. The faster you charge one, the shorter its lifespan.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery is a lithium-polymer. The faster you charge one, the shorter its lifespan.

I've charged my iPad 1 for two years+ (since April 2010) nearly daily with my Griffin PowerBlock chargers and my battery is still going strong. Likewise with my iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPod touch 4, though I've had those for less than two years.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lithium-polymer batteries have built in safeties to prevent over charging and charging too fast. At a certain point (no idea what that might be with the iPad) it doesn't matter how many more amps a charger can supply; the iPad will charge no faster.

This is why it is safe to charge your iPhone on the iPad's charger, even though that charger supplies twice the current.

It is possible that the iPad will lose a bit more battery life by charging at the maximum rate allowed by the circuitry, but it's unlikely to be significant over the expected life cycle of a mobile device.

Laptops now, with their four to five year life cycle, that might be worth considering; providing you really do use one mobile and not just as a desktop replacement.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lithium-polymer batteries have built in safeties to prevent over charging and charging too fast. At a certain point (no idea what that might be with the iPad) it doesn't matter how many more amps a charger can supply; the iPad will charge no faster.

This is why it is safe to charge your iPhone on the iPad's charger, even though that charger supplies twice the current.

It is possible that the iPad will lose a bit more battery life by charging at the maximum rate allowed by the circuitry, but it's unlikely to be significant over the expected life cycle of a mobile device.

Laptops now, with their four to five year life cycle, that might be worth considering; providing you really do use one mobile and not just as a desktop replacement.

Agreed on the safeties, which is why the PowerBlock charges quickly up to 80 percent, like the OEM charger, then slowly charges the last 20 percent.

My iPad 1 has seen heavy use; I was taking a year off when I got it. And I've been using my PowerBlocks almost exclusively to charge (because I'm impatient). I'm still getting 10 hours of use on one charge. I've been pretty abusive of the battery, too. (I often keep using my iPads till they automatically shut off at 2 percent.) No sign of any problems so far.

Personally, I'm not worried about lifespan, because I'm willing to pay for a battery replacement if needed, if I haven't upgraded tablets by then. My gadgets are for my convenience and enjoyment, and part of that is using them without restraint over battery lifespan.

OP
C821

C821

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input. I was looking at the MacBook Pro plus USB chargers, wow, they're pretty expensive.

Most reactions

Latest posts