Fast Scrolling Kills Browser???

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by CaptKirk, Jun 6, 2010.

1. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  2. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    I just tried fast scrolling on a few pages there and it was ok for me. Maybe you need a reboot?
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I haven't had it kill the browser but surfing with iPad is MUCH worse than using a desktop. On the same internet connection via wireless router, a desktop or laptop in my house renders the entire page immediately. On the iPad it takes much longer to load. I have to scroll to the bottom of the page which is all gray, THEN it renders it AFTER I get there, if that makes sense.
  4. wenzej

wenzej iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have noticed that on at least one site Izismile.com (Internet picture site) that if I am looking at a sub page that has over a hundred pictures and scrolling down the page (even slowly) it seems to just bounces me out of the browser back to the ipad "desk top". If I open the browser again and start over it does it again in about the same place. This is the only site I have noticed it on, but it is the only one that has that long of a page that I go to. It is like it runs out of memory or something. I am not a big fan of safari but it seems to work ok for other things.
  5. AndyMT

AndyMT iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    happens to me as well. very annoying.

this thing is pretty bad for browsing forums that have a lot to load. seems to take forever before i can scroll down to the bit i want.

the rest of the internet seems fine and i'm getting good WIFI speed. i wonder if the iPAD just can't render quickly enough.

that's a good omen then for when the multi-tasking update surfaces. if it can't cope with doing a single task of rendering a web page ...
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010