What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family sharing problem

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
I bought a mini a few days ago to go with my ipad pro. I have family sharing on.
I bought an app on my iPad Pro but when I go to the app store on my mini and search for that app, it wants to charge me again - the buy option opens.
Perhaps I am I doing something wrong? Or is there something wrong with the app?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you can see the little download from iCloud symbol (little cloud with downward arrow), you won’t have to pay again for the App, Buy in this case means Get.

OP
allanrube

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
I could not see the cloud - just the purchase price. However, I did something I should have done before wriring - signed out and then back to iTunes - all is well now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When adding apps pruchace by the shared account, you do not go directly to the app in the App Store.

Instead choose your account (the icon/picture at the top right), then Purchased. If Family Sharing is set up properly you’ll be able to choose either your own account, or the shared account’s purchased apps. Select the shared account and you should be able to see and download the app.

2A372909-904E-4219-9566-4FF40EE71B38.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts