What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family share

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I have updated my wife's and my ipads to 8.0.2 and activated Family share. But how to share the Keynote app I have with her? I go to the store on her Pad and it is still $10. Are only free apps shared?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I have updated my wife's and my ipads to 8.0.2 and activated Family share. But how to share the Keynote app I have with her? I go to the store on her Pad and it is still $10. Are only free apps shared?
When you activated Family Sharing on your iPad, did you add your wife? If so, she should have received an invitation to join Family Sharing with you. Once she accepts, both of you should be able to share all content bought with either Apple ID.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be available in her Purchased tab, if it can be shared.

Tap the app in App Store, and look what's there In the app's details - Information, next to Family Sharing. If it's a Yes, she should be able to download it.

If she's allowed to load it, and it doesn't appear in her Purchased tab, go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to her Apple ID, sign out and in again. Hopefully it will be available afterwards.

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I invited her, accepted and went to "purchased app" on her device. Keynote shows at the market rate of $10. Maybe it takes a while or maybe it is only freebies. Surely an Apple app should share!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I invited her, accepted and went to "purchased app" on her device. Keynote shows at the market rate of $10. Maybe it takes a while or maybe it is only freebies. Surely an Apple app should share!
Did she sign out of her Apple account, then back in as suggested by Johanna?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keynotes is available for family sharing. This works for every app, not only free ones.

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just went to my apps purchased and while several apps said ."not shareable" keynote did not. So how to share still unknown.

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope logged out and back in. No change. Could it be that we have not opted for iCloud Drive yet as we are waiting for Yosemite?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad that it was finally solved for you. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any more questions or problems, we're here to help.

scifan57(not a mouse;))

Most reactions

Latest posts