What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family now on my itunes acct!?

WTW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an iTunes account and added my 2girls iPod touch to the account, I am just happy everyone's devices are working! Seems we now have the same contact list? Also seems we can not face time each other? Is there a way to give us a way to email each other? Or face time each other? Any info/tips for my future I-stuff.
Thank you very much. Merry Christmas

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want to keep the same iTunes account so that you can share apps, music, books, etc; then what you want to do is to keep them on the same iTunes account, but give them new Apple ID's for an iCloud account. They can be different. Here's Apple's support page on the subject.

Apple IDs and iCloud

You need to be running iOS 5 or later to do this, and should be able to set those accounts up under Settings > iCloud.

Or if you are on iOS 4.x and don't want to upgrade the iPads you could give them GMail, Yahoo, or some other free online email service. Set those up online then add the accounts under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account. To get contacts with a GMail account you will have to set it up as an Exchange account. Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

I recommend iOS 5 and the iCloud account; for two reasons. One, it's best to upgrade now when you don't have a lot of stuff on the iPads.That way if it goes wrong you have less to add again (don't worry, it shouldn't cost anything). Second, you won't find better integration for the built in apps than Apple's own service. If you're not already invested in using another service you might as well get those benefits.

And, you can always add other services later if you need them. The iPad handles multiple accounts easily.

OP
W

WTW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you,
I have gotten them there own e-mail accounts, thus being able to add Skype to them. The girls are taking a trip tomorrow and I really look forward to being able to view and talk. I will work on the up grades of the OS.
Merry Christmas

Most reactions

Latest posts