1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Fake Yoobao Slim Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Crp5, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Crp5

Crp5 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently purchased one from the guy in NY on eBay and believe I received a fake...high quality fake but a fake. The box was marked "SIM Case" rather than "sLim" case. The instructions are printed on an inkjet cut to size with very poor English translation.

I am happy with the case and think it is of high quality, but ticks me off I paid full retail for a fake.

Anyone else have the same experience?
  2. padfun

padfun iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have bought an iphone 4 slim case from a UK seller on ebay UK. Dont have same experience but I had my doubts since there was only one seller offering these. Cant remember the name of seller but I think its digital-stuff-uk or something. Mine is a genuine case. I thought I would mail yoobao sales team and they confirmed the case was indeed genuine. It says "slim" on the pack not "sim"
  3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You can always report them to eBay if you believe the item you bought was not the same thing as advertised.
  4. MayaD

MayaD iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Read on another forum that there was a a batch of genuine Yoobao goxes tha had SIM instead of SLIM. In fact the one reviewed on yiutube had the same error.
  5. Crp5

Crp5 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That was the case with mine. Type-o on the case and have to admit the internal packaging / instructions are REALLY cheesy! The case itself is actually fantastic. Seller in NY is great seller and no issues with him. In fact, I purchased a brown case for the wife from him.