What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facts R Fun

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To be fair, the link between asbestos and cancer wasn't discovered until the 1970's. The tabaco industry has doen some pretty rotten, stupid things; but this was just ignorance.

When I was a kid you could still buy sheets of asbestos in the local hardware store. I used some to line a shoe box. I'd found an old tube AM radio chassi, and wanteted a fireproof box to keep in (tubes get hot). I thought myself quite clever at the time.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, the link between asbestos and cancer wasn't discovered until the 1970's. The tabaco industry has doen some pretty rotten, stupid things; but this was just ignorance.

When I was a kid you could still buy sheets of asbestos in the local hardware store. I used some to line a shoe box. I'd found an old tube AM radio chassi, and wanteted a fireproof box to keep in (tubes get hot). I thought myself quite clever at the time.
When I was a kid, I was in an art class at my local library and they made modelling compound out of loose asbestos fibre. We used it just like modelling clay.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.png

Most reactions