What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facts R Fun

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice one, but you also have to mention that apple begins with an 'a'... :p We can't start a sentence with because, because because is a conjunction. Thats another.
Because I forgot to mention that "apple" starts with A, my sentence is not completely correct. :D

Proof that your sentence is not true. ;-)

Thank you! :) (avatar)

Last edited:
OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Because I forgot to mention that "apple" starts with A, my sentence is not completely correct. :D Prove that your sentence is not true. ;-) Thank you! :) (avatar)

You're welcome.

George Bernard Shaw is the ONLY person to have won both the Nobel Prize for Literature (1925) and the Oscar for his works on the film 'Pygmalion'. He wanted to refuse the Nobel Prize but he had to accept it due to his wife considered it as a tribute to Ireland. He however refused the monetary award and requested to use it for the translation of the works of his friend August Strindberg from Swedish to English.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for the best selling copyrighted book of all time.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The search engine - Google got its name from the word 'Googol' meaning the number '1' with 100 zeroes after it. That kind of explains why the bottom part of the Google website, which displays page number has 'Goooooooooo...gle' written, with corresponding page numbers below them.
NOTE : The Goooooogle thing does not appear on iPad, so you need a computer.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Times (UK) of 22nd August 1978 contained the most number of misprints ever in a single issue of a newspaper - about 97! In an article about the Pope, he was called "The Pop" throughout!

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you had Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, you would fear to name the ailment you are having, provided you remember it. Know why? Its the fear of long words! Ever thought such a thing existed? I'm serious...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tigers, leopards and jaguars love Calvin Klein's Obsession for men. It's used to attract these animals to cameras in the wilderness.

OP
abababababab

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My goodnight fact : Apple stores all conversation on Siri on its servers, so now, you might give a second thought before saying "I love you" to Siri, just to see what it replies. :p

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the 1912 Olympics, a marathon runner quit and went home to Japan without telling it to the officials. He was considered a missing person in Sweden for 50 years. In 1966, he was invited to complete the distance. His time was 54 years, 8 months, 6 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes and 20.379 seconds.

Most reactions

Latest posts