What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory reset and rejailbreak?

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I factory reset my ipad on 6.1.2. I can simply rejailbreak correct?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will the reset work on iPhones?

If your iPhone is jailbroken, you must never use the reset feature on the iPhone itself, only on iTunes on your computer. It will cause the same problems as doing it with an iPad.

OP
S

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dang. My issue is I have some cydia app causing crashes. Can it be debugged?

OP
S

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure how I can do that since most of the stuff i installed don't show up in cydia even though they are install. Probably when I did a jailbreak over a jailbreak a while back. Was hoping I could stray from scratch.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See if manually uninstalling them works. Root your device and head over to private/var/stash/Applications.xxx, back all the folders up, and manually delete them. Reboot your device, and you shouldn't be crashing. That would get rid of your Cydia applications and most tweaks. Then reinstall them and make sure that the apps/tweaks are compatible with the model and iOS combination of your device.

OP
S

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By root do you mean install rootify? Also will this kill my repos?

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure how I can do that since most of the stuff i installed don't show up in cydia even though they are install. Probably when I did a jailbreak over a jailbreak a while back. Was hoping I could stray from scratch.

So you ran jailbreak software over an already Jailbroken phone? That's probably your issue.

Most reactions