What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Message App

Pink Sparkles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How exactly does this work? Does one have to have an i-product to communicate with him/her through the message app?
And if the person has an iphone, do you use their e-mail address or phone number? If the person merely has an ipad (like me), do you use only their email address?
I'm finding that I'm sending messages to people, and it gets there sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the iMessage app, on the iPad, can only talk to other iDevices. If you are sending a message to an iPhone, you can use either the phone number or an e-mail address. The recipient just has to have their iPhone set up to receive iMessages through an e-mail address. Through their phone number should always work.

For other iPads (or iPods, for that matter), you use the e-mail address the recipient has designated in their iMessage app/Settings.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts