What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facing so much problem because of the absence of java...any fix ??

ranunisha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant upload photos on any site because there is no java support..facebook can be handled through app but what about any other random site ??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the stock browser (Safari) cannot do uploads at this time, photos or anything else. However, I have heard that people have had success in uploading using the app iCab Mobile. There may be more, but that's the one I know of off the top of my head.

Oh, and I hear that Safari is going to be able to do some uploading in iOS 6 (due towards the end of this year). We can only hope.

Marilyn

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ranunisha,
From what I have been told, directly from the knowledgeable folks of Apple in California, this lack of the ability to upload photos from the iPad will be corrected in iOS6.
I have encountered this exact same issue ever since I bought this new iPad 3, several months ago. When you go to a website or Forum where there is a button to search for the file you wish to upload of, the button is not functioning from our iPads.

There will be over 200 updates to our iPad when iOS6 is released very soon, next month in September or as late as in October.
Obviously no one at Apple can divulge an actual date, even if they knew one. But we are all mostly under the same impression it will happen in the next couple of long months. So hang in there... Please don't hold your breath though!!

I can hardly wait to see and enjoy many of the predicted updates and new much anticipated features iOS6 will bring us. Ah, particularly Siri!!

(What happened to Passbook?)

Enjoy the wonderful autumn.

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

OP
R

ranunisha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah i wish they keep it in thr mind n think of sumthing better n useful.. anyways thnx mate for posting ... :eek:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ranunisha,
Eh, you're very welcome. The new iOS6 is just around the corner and should be very exciting and fun too.
I'm quite sure that many of us will enjoy the multitude of newly updated and wonderful controls that it will entail.

I for one, really appreciate the fact that when Apple gives us an update, that it actually comes with many new and useful features.
Unlike the developers from Microsoft who which often sends updates to us, that are only there to fix and repair the poor software that they gave us in many a numerous, previously updated software files.

I'm hopeful that these updates and new iPad functions, will be as robust and solid as those prior delivered from Apple Corp.

Chas

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
G'day Chas - have you gleaned any other info we might expect with i06? I suppose we all have a wish list but will know soon. Just think of all the new ammunition for discussion when the upgrade appears!

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
G'day Chas - have you gleaned any other info we might expect with i06? I suppose we all have a wish list but will know soon. Just think of all the new ammunition for discussion when the upgrade appears!

Hi OB,
Good morning to you fellow citizen.
I love fresh ammo, but clean and straight arrows are equally awesome to me, and my Mathews Switchback LD bow thanks me. Smile

As far as new news, apparently Passbook didn't make it, unless Apple is holding that back in the trial bata iOS6, until final release of the actual true iOS6 version, is to be released soon.
If i were me, and I am, would be checking under Settings_ General_Software Update, several times a day... just waiting, like a hungry Canadian polar bear,
for that Apple seal to poke its head up for air.
And wham, i sink my sharp teeth and powerful jaws into the much anticipated download and eventually get my greedy tummy sated full, with delicious software updates!!

Mmmmnnn, another Yummy caramel Apple...
Oh please Sir, may I have another? hahaha,

Chas

Most reactions

Latest posts