What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facial recognition photo album organization app?

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was an IPad app that did Facial recognition to organize my photo albumns that are NOT online. Just the one's on my IPad.

I have like 11,000 pics on it and would be nice to just pull up pics of my son, or wife or something like that.

I know Picassa does this for the computer, but I think the App is only for online pics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure when and if that is gonna be available.

The only alternative, is to get a Mac computer, we have this on a Mac, using iPhoto, which does facial recognition and put a face to the names, and a simple iTunes sync will make this available on the iPad in the photo app, that will have a faces tab to browse by names/faces.

iPad-two-up-Photos-app-Faces-and-Places.png

apple-ipad-apps.jpg

Last edited:
OP
A

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that is an expensive alternative. LOL. It is annoying that I cannot use Picasa on the PC and it does this as well.

Hopefully someone knows a PC friendly alternative. Seems like a huge whole in the marketplace. I was reading that IOS5 will do this, supposedly.

BTW, is there any tips and tricks for the IPad photo app I may have missed. It seems like such a limited app. I cannot even figure out how to do multiple folders in that app.

I tried bringing in my whole photo folder which is broken out as follows:
under 2011 I have:
- Birthdays
- Christmas
- New Years
- Vacation
- Etc.

I have the same for 2005 - 2010. However, when I sync, it is just flat album. Does it only support 2 layers deep?

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you do the setting up with iPhoto, like faces, albums, events etc, etc and however you have them organized here, it will sync with your iphone, iPad the same way thru iTunes sync, if you select sync with iPhoto.

iphoto-faces.jpg

iPhoto is our Mac photo app, its not just for idevices.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that is an expensive alternative. LOL. It is annoying that I cannot use Picasa on the PC and it does this as well.

Hopefully someone knows a PC friendly alternative. Seems like a huge whole in the marketplace. I was reading that IOS5 will do this, supposedly.

BTW, is there any tips and tricks for the IPad photo app I may have missed. It seems like such a limited app. I cannot even figure out how to do multiple folders in that app.

hopefully a deal can be worked out, to port the iPhoto app to other platforms.

the only tip, would be to jailbreak and get a tweak that does that, i forgot the name......or organize your folders in pictures on the pc first, and then you will see your folders in iTunes photos sync tab.

OP
A

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am jailbroken, so if anyone remembers the tweak it would be appreciated!

Most reactions

Latest posts