What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FaceTime

areca44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the forum...my FaceTime app has a split screen - my face, ugh, and a contacts/favorites/recents screen. No shutter or camera button. Can I reset it?

pmstirling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
areca44 said:
New to the forum...my FaceTime app has a split screen - my face, ugh, and a contacts/favorites/recents screen. No shutter or camera button. Can I reset it?

Umm, what were you expecting? That's the initial screen for FaceTime; when you initiate a call by tapping on a contact, the contacts list will disappear. When the contact answers, you'll seem them with yourself in a small window.

There is never a camera or shutter button (that I'm aware of). FaceTime is a video calling app, not a camera! There are a couple of useful features - you can switch between the front and back cameras with the little "turn around camera" icon, and you can take a screenshot by pressing the home and on/off buttons simultaneously.

Hope the helps
Patrick

OP
areca44

areca44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pmstirling said:
Umm, what were you expecting? That's the initial screen for FaceTime; when you initiate a call by tapping on a contact, the contacts list will disappear. When the contact answers, you'll seem them with yourself in a small window.

Hope the helps
Patrick

Thank youPatrick...don't know what I expected since I bot this iPad 2days go. Been a MS user since the IBM XT...did own an Apple //e in 1980 though. thanks for the info, John

Most reactions

Latest posts