1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Facetime set up issues here, need advise

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by FrenchTV, Nov 20, 2011.

1. FrenchTV

FrenchTV iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had my iPad 2 since they where available, I still do not understand why FaceTime never worked, I tried calling several friends on their iPhones and i got errors to check the number, I have a 3 g card as well as wifi on all the time and never successfully called a soul.

What exactly am I don't wrong, anyone else experiencing the same situations?
  2. BobPhillips

BobPhillips iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are they on wifi when you call. FaceTime only works through wifi if I remember correctly.
  3. FrenchTV

FrenchTV iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes. to wifi

On the iPhone 4 I cant understand how anyone can call another person on FaceTime for iPad, like what number do you call.,
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. idave23

idave23 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I forget now all the exact steps but you set your iPhone up to call their iPhone via their cell # or their iPad via their email address.
  5. FrenchTV

FrenchTV iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's strange, I watched a few YouTube videos, like this one for example;

He actually covers a step by step guide on how you set it up, but what I gathered so far was that on a iPhone, all you need to do is add the email of hat contact that FaceTime is set up with on their iPad 2s., but when I do this the FaceTime button in the contact of he iPhone is not there, so it fails to register anyones emails to contact them.

Then on the iPad 2 I tried calling the number of the iPhone 4 and that error came up. To check the number, I even tried adding the country code, still fail, then I tried contacting the email, said UN available., ow I'm lost, gnna take a nap.,

Actually I can't sleep, I now tried something, I found out FaceTime was off on the iPhone, so I turned it on and now I can see the FaceTime button in the contacts., it's from the iPad 2 now that I fail to call, FaceTime is turned on and all as well, don't get it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  6. BobPhillips

BobPhillips iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You don't call a number. You call an email address on a wifi iPad.