1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Facetime issues

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by webgirl, Sep 14, 2012.

1. webgirl

webgirl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I recently bought the ipad 3 & tried factiming my sister in australia, we were
    both on the landline phone when she facetimed me, I accepted the call but when I
    hung up the landline phone, the screen froze & facetime dropped. I tried calling her
    back on facetime, I could hear the ring but she didn't pick up even though the ipad
    was in front of her.
    I looked through the ipad user guide & checked that all was correct, it was, so I have
    no idead why facetime is not working

Thanks for your answer & help
  2. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +437 / 0
    I don't know about the freezing up, but we tried Facetime sitting next to each other and it takes a while for the connection to make. Mine would continue to show ringing going on after the other was answered, theirs wasn't showing a connection, then finally the two synched up and we were communicating. It did take a bit to establish the connection...
  3. seneca18

seneca18 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I'm not sure if this is the problem but I FaceTime with a friend from Germany and the calls would drop or freeze frequently. It turns out that their router was causing the issues. Ever since they got a new router we have not had a problem. Something to check though.