What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime in KSA

azmataliakbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's strange that FaceTime on my new iPad 2 don't work.Do anyone of you have solution of it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First the obvious potential problems, then we can shoot for others:

Are you on wifi, or 3G? FaceTime only works on wifi.
Do you and your contact both run iOs5? FaceTime requires both parties to run 5.

OP
A

azmataliakbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For all apps i see shortcut on desktop but for FaceTime I don't see.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Did you buy your iPad in Saudi Arabia? Im thinking you must have and I'm sorry to say FaceTime is not available in this country because of government restrictions. As far as I know there is no way that you can have it downloaded either. iPads sold here are actually a little different than elsewhere. How long have you had your iPad as there is a 14 day window in which Apple let's you return it.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
A

azmataliakbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,IeeIai
I bought my iPad 2 from Saudi,I have completed one month to use it.Its working very nice and I am enjoying by using it.I have problem with FaceTime only, but I want to tell you that FaceTime on iPod some of my local friends are using.
Two cameras are available in my iPad,I think may be for Saudi it will be software problem only.
If I shall go to another country and will reinstall software then may be FaceTime will work.
I don't know very well too for this said problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe that FaceTime is not available in the KSA. It had to be removed from iOS devices due government restrictions. I'm not familiar with the details. If your friends iPod's have FaceTime the devices were probably purchased/imported from outside the country. Devices purchased from Apple specifically for the KSA won't have it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ran across this issue a while ago when someone else from KSA didn't have FaceTime and I did do some research on this issue and I found many people trying a lot of different ways to have FaceTime downloaded onto the iPad. But they all failed, apparently iPads sold here are fundamentally different from elsewhere and there was no avenue to have FaceTime put on it. There is another app which will allow you to have video calls and that is Skype. It is a free app and can be accessed over 3G and wifi. There can be charges involved with these types of calls depending on how it is used, but I have used it many times for free. Have a look in your App store to see if it is available to you. If it isn't let me know as there are ways around this for you to have access to it. I just hope that however your iPad is different it will still allow Skype to work.

OP
A

azmataliakbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 cameras are working,Skype video call is also working on my iPad 2.Now I am understanding by discussions that it is a problem of software which is for KSA.I enjoy with my iPad to use it.For me it is like touch and see magic.it is a nice innovation of this time but without FaceTime in KSA for me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Googling the issue shows a lot of confusion; but the take away I get from it is that the KSA may have gotten lumped in with the UAE's policies by mistake, both by Apple and by some of the internet providers in the area. I really couldn't sort it all out.

If your iPad was originally built for the UEA then it would not have FaceTime installed.

I saw a couple of online petitions/advocate sites. You might be able to do something through one of them; eventually.

OP
A

azmataliakbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What will be the opinion by all of you as experts?
In anther country my iPad FaceTime will work or will remain same without FaceTime?
Thanks to all of you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter where you go, your iPad will never have FaceTime. The only way is to sell it and buy an iPad from another country. I wish there was another way, but alas no.

OP
A

azmataliakbar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's mean that my iPad is short of hardware which bring FaceTime.
May be IeeIai you are true?
I tried to write apple co. but answer is not given to me yet.
One day I shall find the truth.

Most reactions

Latest posts