What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

facetime has never worked for me.

murell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
had my ipad 2 for almost a year now and absolutely love it, haven't touched my pc since ive had it. Only one small let down though and thats facetime. It simply has never worked for me. When i try to call someone it rings, but then goes off. This hasn't bothered me before but my sister had now got an iPad and as she lives far away wed like to use this app. My other sister works for apple and she said she swapped hers as it had this problem. But I have a strange attachment to this one!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
had my ipad 2 for almost a year now and absolutely love it, haven't touched my pc since ive had it. Only one small let down though and thats facetime. It simply has never worked for me. When i try to call someone it rings, but then goes off. This hasn't bothered me before but my sister had now got an iPad and as she lives far away wed like to use this app. My other sister works for apple and she said she swapped hers as it had this problem. But I have a strange attachment to this one!!

Your warranty is almost expired. If this is a hardware problem and you don't get it fixed under warranty, you'll have to pay to have it repaired.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree, it's better if you go to apple and let them see your iPad. It's still on warranty so any fixes will be free of charge.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you've made your choice to stay attached and live with a broken feature. OK, your choice.

OP
murell

murell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im taking it back tomorrow as it happens. Thanks for all the advice guys really appreciate if!! ive transferred all my pics and stuff :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are using face time make sure the following is in your address book before calling.
Hope this helps. If after making sure all is correct and it does not work then by all means go to apple

To call someone using FaceTime, you need their phone number or email address. Which one you use is determined by the device you are calling:

When calling someone using an iPhone 4 or later: Try the phone number of the person you are calling first. If the person has registered an email with FaceTime, you can use that as well.
When calling someone using an iPad 2 or later, iPad mini, iPod touch (4th generation) or later, or FaceTime for Mac: Use the email address designated for FaceTime of the person you are calling.
On iPad, iPod touch, and FaceTime for Mac, you need to add a person as a contact using the FaceTime or Contacts app before you can call them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions