1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

FaceTime, Apple Camera and Photo Booth Confirmed for iPad 2 by iOS 4.3 Beta

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    [​IMG]

MacRumors reports that the release to developers of iOS 4.3 Beta 2 yesterday has revealed much more about what we can expect in terms of photography features for the iPad 2. A wallpaper preview image has been found in the beta that reveals icons for FaceTime, Camera and PhotoBooth apps, which all would appear to form part of a standard installation for the iPad 2. So I think we can now safely say that the next iPad will definitely have a front facing camera to enable video conferencing via FaceTime, a standard camera feature and PhotoBooth, which is a fun app that you can use to alter pictures that you take with various filters. MacRumors also found Thermal Camera, Mirror, X-Ray, Kaleidoscope, Light Tunnel, Squeeze, Twirl and Stretch filters in the beta. There’s still no concrete evidence as yet to confirm that the iPad 2 will have a rear camera, but all signs point to there being one.

Source: FaceTime, Camera and PhotoBooth Icons Confirm Camera in iPad 2 - Mac Rumors
  2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    Front facing camera would allow iPad to remain in the case then? I can see lot more dropped Ipads with this camera thing.

Or not ~
  3. Jaws3288

Jaws3288 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I still wonder why with actual news and speculation of a new product, the evidence is always blurry. They could have taken a screen cap of it and it would have been terrific quality. I guess it's cool, but after all this speculation and nothing is announced, I may have a chuckle.