FaceTime, Apple Camera and Photo Booth Confirmed for iPad 2 by iOS 4.3 Beta

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    [​IMG]

MacRumors reports that the release to developers of iOS 4.3 Beta 2 yesterday has revealed much more about what we can expect in terms of photography features for the iPad 2. A wallpaper preview image has been found in the beta that reveals icons for FaceTime, Camera and PhotoBooth apps, which all would appear to form part of a standard installation for the iPad 2. So I think we can now safely say that the next iPad will definitely have a front facing camera to enable video conferencing via FaceTime, a standard camera feature and PhotoBooth, which is a fun app that you can use to alter pictures that you take with various filters. MacRumors also found Thermal Camera, Mirror, X-Ray, Kaleidoscope, Light Tunnel, Squeeze, Twirl and Stretch filters in the beta. There’s still no concrete evidence as yet to confirm that the iPad 2 will have a rear camera, but all signs point to there being one.

Source: FaceTime, Camera and PhotoBooth Icons Confirm Camera in iPad 2 - Mac Rumors

2. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Front facing camera would allow iPad to remain in the case then? I can see lot more dropped Ipads with this camera thing.

Or not ~

3. Jaws3288

Jaws3288 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I still wonder why with actual news and speculation of a new product, the evidence is always blurry. They could have taken a screen cap of it and it would have been terrific quality. I guess it's cool, but after all this speculation and nothing is announced, I may have a chuckle.