What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook will soon automatically grab your iOS photos and post them online

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Would that mean the possibility of copyright infringement action against Facebook or anybody downloading the pictures?
As per their terms and conditions of having and using an account, all information published to their site, private or otherwise, becomes the property of FB. So, going with that, even if you don't make the photos public, once uploaded, these no longer has copyright to the photos.

This is why I don't put my good photos on FB.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, Kay. That should put a few minds at rest.

Same goes here on iPF of course. Content of the forum is the property of iPF, but you retain ownership of your photographs etc. You are not transferring ownership by uploading. You are giving a right to use your work to an entity of your choosing.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

kittkatt42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can Facebook do that without permission from the owner of the pic? They have gone too far. I am going to delete my acct. on facebook, which I hardly ever use anyway.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
You do agree, as soon as you create and use an account.

Cant edit, for some reason.

I actually meant to say was that you do give permission as soon as you a) create an account, b) agree to their T/C and c) post the photo. It has been that way from the beginning, and they are not the first site to do it, nor will the be the last. Go back and read all the T/C for all the sites you created an account on, I bet you will be surprised.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Somerled said:
Cant edit, for some reason.

This is the News section. Members can't edit their posts here. If you need an edit or deletion here, you need to ask a moderator to do it for you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ing123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already happening at google +

I was shocked to see all my pics on ipad posted on my google + account .........

good thing it was private, so it's up to you to make them public,

But I was scared at first, why all my pics are online.

Most reactions