What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook status bar, wheres it gone?!

Rachaelk2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I've just opened Facebook - have been using it on ipad2 for over a year - and the status/photo/check in bar has disappeared from the newsfeed page. This in turn has stopped me commenting and liking friends' posts. Can anyone tell me how to get it back please?! Thank you!

Wombat50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too. And somewhere else on this forum, people are talking about the same problem. So, it isn't just you or me!

OP
R

Rachaelk2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah okay, we'll I'll have to have a search. I did try last night but am new to this so perhaps I didn't search right terms! Thanks

OP
R

Rachaelk2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, and have done the closing of the folders down the bottom, switching off and the two buttons together and still the same - very frustrating!

Jevsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi just joined as I've been googling this for 2 days now!
Same problem with my ipad and iphone and also with my friends iPhone too.
Logged the issue with facebook and they asked me to send a screenshot last night which I Did but heard nothing since!

udokotela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here on ipad3. I've also tried closing/restarting etc.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
image-1516978146.jpg

Version 4.1.1 no problem here!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my iPhone and my iPad. Extremely annoying. There hasn't been an update to the app recently so I don't understand why it has changed.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do recall a recent update from FB about a few months ago?..April? . I have noticed that the status update is no longer showing in the newsfeed section on my iPod though. However, my iPad works fine as mentioned.

Hopefully, FB can work this out on their end. All we can do is wait.

OP
R

Rachaelk2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mind boggles. I am on version 4.1.1 I'm not sure how to attach a screenshot on here, but I definitely haven't got that bar on the page that opens when I open FB, I did have it before last night though. I can't comment on posts or like them - I think not having the bar has thrown out the page settings! Hope FB team get back to me soon though as its doing my head in having to write on people's walls all the time!!

Most reactions