What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook share function on the ipad

lisaod1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am using the Facebook app on my iPad and if there is a picture or post on someone else's page and I want to share it there is no share function ?? Why is that ? How do I share posts and pictures ? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to move this to the Help Section where you should get better attention!

Thanks!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the only way to do it is to load the desktop version in Safari. The app doesn't have the facility, so far as I can see and neither does the mobile version.

OP
L

lisaod1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Looks like the only way to do it is to load the desktop version in Safari. The app doesn't have the facility, so far as I can see and neither does the mobile version.

Ok cool thanks bit of a pain in the ass to be honest. Wonder why they can't update the app to had it but how and ever thanks for your help

GARY G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay..it took me days but I have the answer. Go into your main "Setting" app on your ipad. Look from the "Privacy" tab and you should see "FaceBook" there. It will probably turned off...turn this "on" so FB can save a photo in your own library. Once this is done, go back to FB app. Go to your friends wall and click on the picture you want to place on your wall. Click the photo and hold your finger down a few seconds till you see "save photo". Once you save the photo it will now actually be in your own "Photo" library (the app not the photos in FB). Now, go back to your own wall. You will see at the top of your wall "Photo". Tap that and chose "add from library". It will open your photo album and just find the saved photo and post! It works. Only thing I have conquered yet is how to share it with all your friends. It may appear on their wall too but I did have time to check and see. Seems like you can't tag a photo with your friends in mind but this is a great first step to having someone else's picture appear on your wall ! :D

Last edited:

ladyknox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To share the photo, all u have to do is, before uploading it, hold ur finger on the foto and it will come up a bar saying... Who is this and then type their name in, or after u have hit use and it says, write something, put ur caption in and at the bottom left hand corner ther is a person symbol with a plus sign, hit tht a tag ur friends and the foto will go to their walls:)

kthompson1004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Gary G. Your way works like a charm! I've been trying to figure this out for two weeks!!

Most reactions