What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook remembers login password?

Jpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

When I log out of face book then open up my face book app, I get asked if it is my account and would I like to continue and it opens up my account without me entering my password.

I read that you can put a pin in for extra security but don't know how to do it.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are signed into your account in the Settings > FaceBook then you will always be automatically logged in when using the FaceBook app.

I know of no security pin that applies just to the FaceBook app. You can, of course, assign a passcode to the iPad entire.

OP
J

Jpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are signed into your account in the Settings > FaceBook then you will always be automatically logged in when using the FaceBook app.

I know of no security pin that applies just to the FaceBook app. You can, of course, assign a passcode to the iPad entire.

Ok cheers, the post I read earlier must have been made up because I couldn't follow the instructions.

I can disable the password in settings and log in again manually using my password.

Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are probably some third party FaceBook apps that offer pin security. I don't know. Every third party app I've tried had problems, so I gave up on trying them. Since I am the sole user of my iPad, the lock screen passcode is enough for me.

It's also possible to add pin security to any app, if you jailbreak. If you're not familiar with jailbreaking you can read the sticky posts in the Hacking section of the forum. Lots of info on the subject there; but the upshot is that you can do quite a bit of tweaking on your iOS device if you are also willing to deal with a more complicated and delayed upgrade path.

Not worth it to me, but other's love it.

OP
J

Jpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are probably some third party FaceBook apps that offer pin security. I don't know. Every third party app I've tried had problems, so I gave up on trying them. Since I am the sole user of my iPad, the lock screen passcode is enough for me.

It's also possible to add pin security to any app, if you jailbreak. If you're not familiar with jailbreaking you can read the sticky posts in the Hacking section of the forum. Lots of info on the subject there; but the upshot is that you can do quite a bit of tweaking on your iOS device if you are also willing to deal with a more complicated and delayed upgrade path.

Not worth it to me, but other's love it.

Thanks, I will check that out.

Most reactions

Latest posts