What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook putting birthdays into my calendar

susib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad calendar has been populated with my Facebook's contacts' birthdays. It doesn't happen on my PC or my Blackberry. I don't want them in my calendar as I put close friends and family in myself so these are all now duplicated. When I go into the ones put in by Facebook I can't delete them. Anyone know how to stop this happening

Thanks

Sue

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, when you log in to Facebook, it tells you that it's going to do this. Only way out is to use the Facebook app and not log into Facebook in iPad settings. I really wish that Apple had kept Facebook out of iOS, but that's just me. Maybe some people have a use for this thing.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can turn this OFF. I did! :D

Go to Settings > Facebook

Where is says, Allow These Apps to use Your Account - Turn Calendar OFF.

Now the Calendar app cannot use your Facebook account to populate friends birthdays. Voila! ;)

For the record I turn both Calendar and Contacts off as I find that level of integration too intrusive. I don't want all my facebook "friends" in my iPad and iPhone Contacts either!

Last edited:
OP
S

susib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just discovered tha way to do it! I went into my calendar and in the top left hand corner selected the calendars button. That gives you the option to de-select Facebook and other birthdays. Simple!! :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just discovered tha way to do it! I went into my calendar and in the top left hand corner selected the calendars button. That gives you the option to de-select Facebook and other birthdays. Simple!! :)

Yes, that works, but just be aware that your Calendar app is still taking to Facebook and updating those details. It's just you are electing not to view them. If you want to stop the update all together, then I would suggest the solution above ;)

OP
S

susib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Just went into settings and the calendar option was already switched off so guess that must have happened when I did it through the calendar.

Thanks for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts