What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook problem

Caroline Teo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why my Facebook cannot be seen on my ipad2? Out of the sudden cannot see Facebook (news feed)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there- I moved your post to a separate thread of its own so it could be more visible.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

How are you accessing Facebook, if on the app, turn your iPad to landscape mode and press the tab which is 3 lines top left and you will see News Feed listed there. Hope this helps.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Caroline Teo said:
Still can't

Can you give us some more info on what is happening, I've just seen another member with this problem too.
I've checked mine and all is fine. Did you by any chance opt for the Timeline feature with Facebook, I haven't so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the timeline on the website and I can still see my news feed on my app. You have to swipe the screens to the right in order to see your options-that includes the newsfeed.

PurpleJulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an issue with Facebook too, although not the same one, so I hope it is ok for me to post it here.

I am trying to help my Dad set up his new iPad2 with the Facebook app and Word with friends app to work like they do on mine, but for some reason it is not working. The Facebook app seems to be fine, but when going to Word with Friends either through Facebook or through the Word app, it will give two error messages, "account already connected" and then it will say "invalid Facebook session". He has used Word with Friends through Facebook on his computer and logged out before we put them on the iPad. What am I doing wrong? Will the games he has started (when using the computer) switch over to his iPad or will he have to start all of the games over?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

mahaah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I m also having the newsfeed issue..all of a sudden..m frm singapore

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PurpleJulie said:
I have an issue with Facebook too, although not the same one, so I hope it is ok for me to post it here.

I am trying to help my Dad set up his new iPad2 with the Facebook app and Word with friends app to work like they do on mine, but for some reason it is not working. The Facebook app seems to be fine, but when going to Word with Friends either through Facebook or through the Word app, it will give two error messages, "account already connected" and then it will say "invalid Facebook session". He has used Word with Friends through Facebook on his computer and logged out before we put them on the iPad. What am I doing wrong? Will the games he has started (when using the computer) switch over to his iPad or will he have to start all of the games over?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

I play words with friends but not through Facebook so I'm not sure on this. Have you gone through the word app itself and then logged in to FB this way. If that's not working check out your FB privacy settings to see if you need to change something there.
Hope this helps. Hoping also someone else can chime in here to help you.

Uncle2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having the same problem too!

The Newsfeed suddenly turned "blue" when I tap on it and nothing is appearing on the screen at all except for a blue screen..... But when I tap on a group or a friend, their status updates showed up. It is frustrating not having the newsfeed up.... I am from Singapore too.

Urgh!!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you all need to do the usual fixes for a start and then we'll see how you go. Although it is strange that there are a few of you all having the same issue. The first step is to close the app completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, I do mine every night. Check and see if it is operating now, if not a restart is in order.

Restart: Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating. If not a reset is the next step.

Reset: Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset.

When an App or your iPad begin to behave strangely these are the first steps you should do to rectify it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

mahaah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have even done a ipad restore..and have tried out all your steps already before posting here...

Uncle2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. The newsfeed screen is black and the steps are not working....

I have notified the Facebook technical support team, hopefully they can do something about it.....

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As this looks like a Facebook issue with the app, it might be an idea to get in touch with the Developers and inform them what is happening.

Most reactions

Latest posts