What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Problem

Steve2150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to comment on a thread in facebook it lets me type but there is no send or post button, pushing return does nothing but move line down. If I post a new thread there is a post or share button, any ideas.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is a known problem.

The send button only shows if you are using the touch keyboard in docked (not split) mode. That goes for no bluetooth keyboard too, though it you tap the eject key to pop up the touch keyboard (not split) you should see the send button.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am having the same problem, but I am not using a wireless keyboard or split keyboard. Furthermore I cannot even see what I am typing! :(. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So I am having the same problem, but I am not using a wireless keyboard or split keyboard. Furthermore I cannot even see what I am typing! :(. Any ideas?

Just the usual.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Clear: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.
If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

You can also try deleting the app off the iPad and re-installing it.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Had already tried of all that before posting. I even tried removing black keyboard from cydia. Removed the original Facebook activator, that was used to get the ipad version, before the official iPad app was released. I feel it's something in cydia. Maybe fullforce or something? I don't have much installed from cydia. Hhhmmmmm.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, well I'm afraid my experience is limited to the stock iPad. :eek:

You might try searching the Hacking forum to see if anyone has reported a similar problem.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed!!!!!! :). It was Fullforce. Full force was maximizing the Facebook app in such a way it's was messing it up. Removed it In Cydia and it work perfectly now.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. You know. Trying to make every app use the maximum amount of screen space! ;). Unfortunately the facebook app uses many sub windows, and I think full force was trying to affect these as well. Funny thing is I swear i didn't even have the Facebook app selected in full force. Very strange.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, you learn something every day!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah. You know. Trying to make every app use the maximum amount of screen space! ;). Unfortunately the facebook app uses many sub windows, and I think full force was trying to affect these as well. Funny thing is I swear i didn't even have the Facebook app selected in full force. Very strange.

Ok, then I'm guessing Full Force is meant to be used with iPhone apps, yes? That would make sense.

Thanks.

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes sir! I guess I will have to get retina pad and see how it goes with that.

Most reactions