What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Photo Upload

hotcakes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to upload photos to Facebook but when I select the photo to upgrade, it force closes the app and goes to the home screen. I have tried re-downloading the app but it is still happening. Is this a known issue or a problem with my iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, the FaceBook app isn't know for it's outstanding stability; but give the below general fixes a try (if you haven't already) and see if they help.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

jojo0911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem and it's driving me crazy! I have tried all of the suggestions in the previous post to mine but to no avail. I emailed one photo I couldn't upload to a friend and they could upload the photo to Facebook just fine. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try deleting the the app and re-download it.

Others have had luck with Restore all Settings under Settings > General > Reset. You'll want to use the As New iPad option. This does not delete your apps, data, or account settings; but it does take most of your other settings back to factory default. You'll want to go back through all settings afterwards to make sure things are set up the way you want.

The procedure is kind of intimidating, with a couple status bars and the choices; but is relatively harmless. Just be sure you don't pick the Erase All option just above it. You won't like that; bad for your stress levels.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hotcakes said:
Hi, I am trying to upload photos to Facebook but when I select the photo to upgrade, it force closes the app and goes to the home screen. I have tried re-downloading the app but it is still happening. Is this a known issue or a problem with my iPad?

What app are you using?

I use Photo Loader lite and it works with out problems.

Most reactions