What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook on Mini

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad Mini 4. Since yesterday, when I click on a Facebook post that refers to an article, when I click on the headline to try to download the article, the screen comes up blank. I’m writing this on a desktop and have no problem. Should I click or unclick something on the Mini, maybe in Settings?

OP
suenc

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I restarted the app (pushed it up to the top) and the links came back My hubby (sonic man) helped

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I restarted the app (pushed it up to the top) and the links came back My hubby (sonic man) helped

OK - she corrected the problem w/ a 'Force Close' of the Facebook app - if not effective, my suggestion then was to just delete and reinstall the app (of course considering what data might be stored in the app's sandbox) - BTW, I'm SonicMan in the GMG Classical Music Forum - take a look HERE, if interested - plenty of forums/sub-forums including non-classical music and a Diner (usually where I post my Movie watches). Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

That usually works, if it’s just the app misbehaving. If it had been a more general probem the iPad restart might have been needed. The restart also forces all the apps to quit and restart the next time you open them, so its a twofer.

I was trying to avoid any delays in case force quiting the app (what we normall call what you did) didn’t solve the problem. Anothewords, I was being lazy. :)

At any rate, you should occationally restart the iPad. Like any computer the system accumulates errors over time. The general recomendation is once a month, or whenever you notice signs the iPad is acting acting glitchy.

You’ve might have heard me saying this before, maybe even in responce to one of your posts. It bears repeating.

Most reactions

Latest posts