Facebook on Mini

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by suenc, Dec 18, 2017.

1. suenc

suenc
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have an iPad Mini 4. Since yesterday, when I click on a Facebook post that refers to an article, when I click on the headline to try to download the article, the screen comes up blank. I’m writing this on a desktop and have no problem. Should I click or unclick something on the Mini, maybe in Settings?

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If you haven’t already done so, try restarting the iPad.

3. suenc

suenc
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I restarted the app (pushed it up to the top) and the links came back My hubby (sonic man) helped

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    OK - she corrected the problem w/ a 'Force Close' of the Facebook app - if not effective, my suggestion then was to just delete and reinstall the app (of course considering what data might be stored in the app's sandbox) - BTW, I'm SonicMan in the GMG Classical Music Forum - take a look HERE, if interested - plenty of forums/sub-forums including non-classical music and a Diner (usually where I post my Movie watches). Dave :)

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    That usually works, if it’s just the app misbehaving. If it had been a more general probem the iPad restart might have been needed. The restart also forces all the apps to quit and restart the next time you open them, so its a twofer.

I was trying to avoid any delays in case force quiting the app (what we normall call what you did) didn’t solve the problem. Anothewords, I was being lazy. :)

At any rate, you should occationally restart the iPad. Like any computer the system accumulates errors over time. The general recomendation is once a month, or whenever you notice signs the iPad is acting acting glitchy.

You’ve might have heard me saying this before, maybe even in responce to one of your posts. It bears repeating.