What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Messenger iOS App Gets Updated with Video Sharing, Improved Search

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
facebook-messenger.jpeg

If you communicate a lot with your Facebook friends on your iPhone or iPad, then chances are that you have downloaded and installed the official Facebook Messenger application. Now, the app has been updated to version 5.0 and it comes with new features that are quite important. The biggest update is perhaps the ability to exchange video messages from your library with other Messenger users as you could only share photos and short voice recordings using the app before. Here’s the full changelog of the Facebook Messenger 5.0 iOS app:

More ways to message: Everything’s front and center, so it’s easier to send photos, voice messages and more.

Video: Send videos from your phone’s camera roll and when people send you videos, play them right in the app.

Instant photo sharing: Take a photo and send it in just one tap, without leaving the conversation.

Shortcuts to stickers: When someone sends you a sticker, press and hold down on it to get the pack.

Improved search: Enter the names of people and groups to find them quickly.

Other fixes, including to stickers and groups.

So, as we can see, easier photo sharing, improvements to the search feature, a tweaked user interface making it easier to send photos and voice messages have made their way to the updated app. Also, Facebook Messenger now reduces friction when sharing photos with fewer taps, and you don’t even have to leave the messaging interface. Another new useful feature is the ability to tap and hold on a sticker received in a chat to quickly download the whole sticker pack to your iPhone or iPad.

Source: iPhoneForums

Last edited:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its part of FBs plan to remove the chat in their app and make facebook messenger used more. I have no problems with this though, I actually want to try out their app.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They say you can use it on iPad but it is really an app for iPhone.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

iRonFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This reminds me of whats app, its verry cool ! looking forward to it

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They say you can use it on iPad but it is really an app for iPhone.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

I'm not fond of using iPhone apps for iPads............

I sure wish they make this an app for the iPad as I would find it faster to use FBM rather than FB.

Most reactions

Latest posts