What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook App with iPad 3 Issues

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't 100% on where to put this since I didn't see an apps section, but I've had some serious issues with Facebook crashing on my iPad 3. Anyone else having these issues? It mainly seems to happen when I try and comment or like someone's post.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried closing the app completely and then relaunching it? From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly.

It could also be the FB App being a little buggy after the recent update, dropping an email to the developers would be a good idea here.

OP
Hackint0sh814

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I tried completely closing it. I also tried rebooting since I thought it might have needed after an install. I really was just reaching out to the community to see if anyone else was having the same issue so I'd have some more info before emailing the dev.

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been solid for me. Actualy better than on the orginal iPad. No crashing so far.

saholz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Facebook app was really flaky a few days ago, but not only on the new iPad. I have friends with iPad2's who were having problems with the app crashing or being unresponsive. I use the app for posting pictures through my iPad, but prefer accessing Facebook directly through the Safari browser. It's much more reliable.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found problems in iPad 3, resolved by deleting and reinstalling the FB app. Perfect now.

BriteSun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only issue with FB I've had on my iPad3 is it won't bring up who's on FB when I go to "Chat". It either has a blank screen or goes back to News Feed. Haven't tried it in a few days, though.

N34L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the notification(Globe) at the top showing a 1 like if there's a message and there isn't anything anywhere I've checked everything. It's the same on my itouch( 4th gen).

Most reactions

Latest posts