What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app suddenly not working

Haaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Facebook iPhone app on my iPad2. Starting yesterday, when I scroll down, Sarafi will launch into a YouTube video of a singerni have never heard of nor type of music I listen too. I read the rumor that the iPad FB app is finally suppose to come out next week(hopefully), but what can I do now? Already tried shutting off/turning back on and nothing has changed. Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reset the app. Open the multi-task bar by double-pressing the Home button. Press and hold any icon in the bar until they all start to jiggle. Now touch the upper left hand corner of the Facebook app to quit it completely. Press the Home button to close the multi-task bar and try again.

Let us know....

Tim

MaggieMaybe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haaka said:
I have the Facebook iPhone app on my iPad2. Starting yesterday, when I scroll down, Sarafi will launch into a YouTube video of a singerni have never heard of nor type of music I listen too. I read the rumor that the iPad FB app is finally suppose to come out next week(hopefully), but what can I do now? Already tried shutting off/turning back on and nothing has changed. Thanks!

I have iPad1. I've experienced exactly the same, being redirected to YouTube on opening Facebook.
I have extensively tried to find out why? Most likely explanation seems to be that recently Facebook has implemented quite a few changes & there is a flaw in the code somewhere that causes the YouTube link posted by one of my friends, to activate on opening the Facebook App.
Today, on AppAdvice App, there's a story that the iPad Facebook App will not be launched next week as suggested. Where this leaves us who have the problem with redirection to YouTube on opening Facebook, is debatable.
There's a new Facebook App for iPad appeared in the App Store, release date 14th September 2011. It's called FPremium for Facebook. I downloaded it, it's good but not perfect. Some of my friends are not showing at all! Even searching for them brings no result. Back to the drawing board! Anyone with any new ideas, please post. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you read the link in my earlier post you'll see that it's clearly an FB problem; many Members are experiencing it. So I'd expect them to be working hard on fixing this right now. Nothing much the average user can do.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts