What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app help

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
After updating updating to IOS 8 I only can assess camera roll when trying to post a Picture to facebook. Can anyone please tell me how to gain access to all my pictures that I have? Thank you

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 8 doesn't have a Camera Roll any more. The pictures that were in that album, and all the other ones (from former PhotoStream, Imported Photos, ...) can now be found in the Photos app in the Photos tab, under Years/Collections/Moments. Photos/images/screenshots you add, will be visible there, organized by date (and location, if available).

The Albums tab is now different. It shows Recently Added. If my information is right, the pictures there are only shown for a certain amount of time (30 days). Then there's Recently Deleted. When you remove images, they will still be available for 30 days afterwards. Favorites will show all your favorited pictures, and Hidden is for images you hide in Photos - Photos.

So if you want to see all your pictures, go to the Photos tab, they should be there.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi J.A.
This is what I mean ever since updating to the iOS 8.0.2 I can no longer accessmy photos One trying to post one of my pictures on to Facebook. when clicking on the Picture icon on Facebook I only get one option and that is camera roll. Thank you

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411782563.493798.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411782563.493798.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 193

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The FaceBook apps don't seem to have been updated for iOS 8 yet. I can see pictures, but it doesn't look good; though it is better on the iPad than on the iPhone. On the iPhone some of the images are only partly shown; cut off on the edge of the screen.

As a workaround, you should be able to post pictures to FaceBook directly from the Photos app. Either select the image or open it full screen, then use the share icon (box with up arrow) and select FaceBook. You can add comments, choose your album and who it is visible too; even tag it with a location if you like.

FaceBook must be set up in Settings > Facebook for this to work.

Most reactions

Latest posts