What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook app help

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
I am having a Hard time doing this can anyone Please tell me how to Delete one of your post? I have been trying to but can not do it. Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi
I am having a Hard time doing this can anyone Please tell me how to Delete one of your post? I have been trying to but can not do it. Thank you

You can't delete your own posts, only edit the content. If you want a particular post deleted report the post, asking that it be deleted.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can do it in Safari, but it's tricky.

Find your post in the Newsfeed. Tap once on the Comment link at the bottom. At the top right corner of the post you'll see a down arrow. Tap this to get the Delete option, and tap Delete.

image-2426994656.jpg

You can also delete from your Profile. It's similar, only the icon you want looks like a small pencil, and you have to tap it twice to get the Delete option. Tap the pencil icon twice, not the little Edit or Remove menu that pops up.

These icons show up when you mouse over them on the computer, but you have to do something to select the post to get them to show in Safari on the iPad.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A while after I tested this, I noticed that my status post was still in the Facebook app. I double checked the Facebook site, and my post had been deleted, but nothing seemed to get rid of it in the Facebook app. I removed the app fro RAM. I restarted the iPad. No luck. Apparently the Facebook app saves posts in a catch, and it doesn't like to let them go.

Finally I logged out of the Facebook app. Even though it logged right back in, because of my settings, this did the trick. The misbehaving status post went away.

So, don't be fooled by any persistent status posts your Facebook app. If you delete it in the Safari browser, it does go away.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Twerppoet

I did what you Told me to do but Still cannot do it I must be doing something wrong. I am going to Read your steps again to see if I am Missing Something. I may just have to try to do this on my Desktop Computer. Thank you for your help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I'm sorry it is not working. As I said, it's kind of tricky since mouse-over is not something you can normally do on the iPad.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts