What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook 3.5 update breaks FaceForward!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Facebook app was just updated. But if you rely on FaceForward to get the iPad version, DO NOT UPDATE!!!!!! It has been patched in the update.

lSSBl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confirmed! Facebook 3.5 no longer Wirkung on iPad.

Solution: Uninstall 3.5 and Reinstall 3.4 by syncing with your backup. Old version working again verry well.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Confirmed! Facebook 3.5 no longer Wirkung on iPad.

Solution: Uninstall 3.5 and Reinstall 3.4 by syncing with your backup. Old version working again verry well.

Thanks for checking. I was too scared to upgrade incase I mess it up and am stuck with the iPhone version. :)

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Is there any way to remove the update from the app store update section? The red badge is bugging me and I don't want to accidentally do the update :)

Last edited:

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
andrewhtf said:
not a problem for me - always FB via Safari, lol

Same. I just put it on the home screen using Safari. Hope everyone finds a way to keep plugging along.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided if they were going to be this serious about not allowing us access (they removed the iPad files altogether I guess) then I would just switch to one of my other FB programs which was just as good.

I did save the app using PKGBackup. Does that save the whole app or just the data? I suppose I could have used iFile but it didn't seem worth the effort.

Most reactions