What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face time

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, friends and some tell me that I have ipad only with wifi and if I want to call thro F.time or message did I require emails or person use iPhone shall it's possible I use his #.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you're asking but hopefully this will help:
You can use Facetime on a WiFi only iPad. To call someone using Facetime, the person you're calling needs to give you the email address and/or phone number associated with their Facetime.

For additional information on using Facetime on an iPad: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4319

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jaba! What Goofy says is correct.

Facetime and iMessage are made through wifi and require the participants' email account to start it.

If this is not what you asked for, can you please tell me what you mean by '#'?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If this is not what you asked for, can you please tell me what you mean by '#'?

That would be "number". FaceTime and iMessage can both be initiated by using phone numbers, if the person on the other end has an iPhone. FT calls will be received on the iPad using a registered phone number, even though it does not have a phone number of its own. The number associated with the AppleID will route calls to the iPad.

If there is no iPhone, it's back to email addresses.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First # means number. It's mean that number option is available for calling if the number is associated with Apple ID if I understand is correct then tks to everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts