What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye strain?

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love love love my iPad, but I'm getting headaches from the screen. I can't seem to get the brightness level just right?

I do not get eye strain from my iPhone 4, but I do get it from my laptop.

Any suggestions?

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have it on zero brightness and read in a well-lit place, but make sure the light source is not reflecting off the screen into your eyes.

A lot of people seem to like to use the iPad in the dark. I only do that when reading bed-time stories to my son. After 15 minutes my eyes are ready to bleed.

OP
newfie

newfie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have it on zero brightness and read in a well-lit place, but make sure the light source is not reflecting off the screen into your eyes.

A lot of people seem to like to use the iPad in the dark. I only do that when reading bed-time stories to my son. After 15 minutes my eyes are ready to bleed.

Thanks.... I do primarily use it in the dark...

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you need a pair of new glasses :D
Any way I need to try out that trick with minimum brightness a a side lamp.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having some ambient light will be best. However eyestrain might also mean your eyes are not focusing at the same distance. You may need a new prescription, or glasses if you currently use none. I have the same problem with old prescriptions of mine.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was having some eye strain problems too. By the end of the day, my eyes were burning. Was due for an eye exam anyway so had them checked and I did need new glasses! No more eye strain now! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts