What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye protector....

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys...just wanna ask if there is an accessories that will protect our eyes from the radiation that comes from the screen of our iPads? My 2 years old toddler always used my iPad 2 to watch his fave show but I am concern that it might not be good for his eyes? Any suggestions pls?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there....I am going to move this out of the Poll Section and into the Health Section. There you should gain more attention.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The radiation controversy is a leftover from the CRT (Cathode Ray Tube ) days of TV and computers. New display technologies like those used in most flat screen displays (including the iPad) do not shoot beams of electrons at the screen. Instead there is a bright light behind the display, and you change how much light is let through several layers of colored filters. The only significant thing coming out of the iPad's screen is light.

This means that all you really need to worry about is eye strain. Adjust the screen brightness to a comfortable level for that room. A bright screen in a dark room can cause considerable eye strain. It gives me a headache at any rate. That, and limiting the amount time for constant viewing (like watching movies) should keep your toddler's eyes safe.

OP
Gracie1982

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. It really helps me understand. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts