What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye-fi and IPAD

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else excited about the possibilities to incorporate Eye-fi SD Card technology to the IPAD?

Eye-fi should allow people to take nice pictures on thier DSLR, then wirelessly access those photos on your IPAD.. in which you would be able to view quickly after taking the picture and also editing it..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still curious if anyone has tried lingo to their eyefi card with air sharing HD.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a feeling an Eye-fi card woul be locked out as any wifi device by the iPad. Unless an app accompanied it I guess...

But doesn't eye-fi position itself as a network drive? Or do you need software to access it on a desktop? If it is just a network drive you could use Air Sharing HD to get to it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh they have a little video on their site and you have to assign a sharing folder...so you could technically use it if you had it linked to a desktop computer than used air sharing hd to view that computer.

Eye-Fi iPhone app - upload photos to your computer & the web from 1 app | Eye-Fi

they have an iPhone app tho...so you wouldn't be able to preview them full screen but you could download them over the network.

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh they have a little video on their site and you have to assign a sharing folder...so you could technically use it if you had it linked to a desktop computer than used air sharing hd to view that computer.

Eye-Fi iPhone app - upload photos to your computer & the web from 1 app | Eye-Fi

they have an iPhone app tho...so you wouldn't be able to preview them full screen but you could download them over the network.
Nice!
So that confirms it. Eye-fi is usable with the iPad...:)

OP
R

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score

the iphone app looks like you could look at it full screen. I wonder if since its an iphone app, whether it would come out blurry..

jrhoffman75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Eye-Fi app doesn't use the Eye-Fi card. It simply sends photos from your photo file to the Internet. If you use Smugmug or Phanfare they have apps that do that.

Eye-Fi needs an ad hoc connection that iPad doesn't (at least as of now) support.

OP
R

rayson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be emailing eye-fi to have a ipad app that you can immediately view pictures after taken.

loststar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Application called Shutter Snitch claims to offer eye-fi support

ShutterSnitch

If you look at the details of this application it claims that it utilizes eye-fi cards to transmit to iPad

would love for someone to test it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts