What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra long charging cable

chrisreefs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem as myself, i have recently bought an ipad 4th gen with retina display and the charger cable is only a meter long, which is very restrictive, i understand from Apple that they sell one for £25 pound that is 1.5 meters long, quite a lot of money for an extra .5 of a meter. has anyone been able to source an extra long one that works with this device, I do have a 3 meter one that i bought off E-bay which works fine with my Iphone-5 but when i connect it the the original Ipad Charger and connect it to the Ipad, it will not charge it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you thought of using a regular extension cord and plugging your charger into that?

OP
C

chrisreefs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, i have thought of that however when I use it in the living room don’t really fancy having a mains extension cable on the sofa, just trying to sort out a similar width lead with the extra length Thank you for your reply, i have thought of that however when I use it in the living room don’t really fancy having a mains extension cable on the sofa, just trying to sort out a similar width lead with the extra length

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem as myself, i have recently bought an ipad 4th gen with retina display and the charger cable is only a meter long, which is very restrictive, i understand from Apple that they sell one for £25 pound that is 1.5 meters long, quite a lot of money for an extra .5 of a meter. has anyone been able to source an extra long one that works with this device, I do have a 3 meter one that i bought off E-bay which works fine with my Iphone-5 but when i connect it the the original Ipad Charger and connect it to the Ipad, it will not charge it.

Hi & welcome to the forum! :) Here is a 6 ft one on Amazon USA HERE for $20 - BUT be forewarned, there have been a number of threads addressing iPad charging cables (whether short or longer) w/ some posters complaining that the 'less expensive' ones did not work, so check the reviews closely; going 'cheap' several times may add up to the amount (or more) of obtaining a more costly but effective cable at the first attempt - Dave

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The charger which came with the iPad was actually too small, so I did buy an extra one. The total length is around 2.5 meters. I don't remember the price, but it was average. Just go to the Apple store and ask for a charger, which should be same for iPad and iPhone.

shawn744

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As much as I love my long cables, I always avoid them because non of them charge as fast as the OEM apple cables. Its very noticable on the iphone, but on the ipad most of the time you can't even charge it. The ipad's battery is so long lasting as it is...i only charge it every few days. It still seems to have more than 95% capacity after more than a year.

Most reactions

Latest posts