What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External USB storage Support on JB iPad 2 4.3.3

OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
What ifile version are you using?

I think you're are mistaken, ifile will have no impact on the iPads native functionality to import photos from a camera SD card.

iWant my iCloud

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When tweaks don't work, they may mess up the native functionality of the iPad. I can say this because I have a tweak that's "broken" in that it won't allow Safari to make bookmarks on the iPad homescreen. If I remove the tweak, the iPad works fine.

Your best test of this is to remove iFile from your iPad, respring (or reboot) and then see if it now works properly. If it works after that - it's iFile. If it doesn't, then could you let us know because then something is wrong elsewhere ... and we can work on that.

Marilyn

TheRoarer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, importing via the native camera connection kit andphoto app does not work after jail-breaking.

Even without iFile installed, I cannot access my once accessible SD card.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheRoarer said:
Yeah, importing via the native camera connection kit andphoto app does not work after jail-breaking.

Even without iFile installed, I cannot access my once accessible SD card.

Good to know, thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK.

Musclenerd has confirmed that the CCK not working is a bona fide jailbreak issue, and we have to sit tight for a fix. It is not specific to iFile. The device will simply no longer see the CCK properly.

Last edited:
OP
NickHillUK

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
OK.

Musclenerd has confirmed that the CCK not working is a bona fide jailbreak issue, and we have to sit tight for a fix. It is not specific to iFile. The device will simply no longer see the CCK.

Well, at least I'm not going mad.

Looking at dmesg, it seems the USB memory is detected and enumerated, but not successfully mounted.

iWant my iCloud

Kotse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK.

Musclenerd has confirmed that the CCK not working is a bona fide jailbreak issue, and we have to sit tight for a fix. It is not specific to iFile. The device will simply no longer see the CCK.

If you connect external HDD - iPad immediately says that this device is consuming too much power, so ipad see the CCK - something else is happening, when mounting drives.

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK.

If you connect external HDD - iPad immediately says that this device is consuming too much power, so ipad see the CCK - something else is happening, when mounting drives.

I just tried it on both my iPad 1 (4.3.3 wifi only) and iPad 2 (4.3.3 3G att), both are jailbroken with JBme 3.0, and did even get a "drive not supported or consume too much power" warning. It was fine on my iPad 1 JBed with Sn0wbreeze. This is most likely a JB 3.0 issue (not 1Pad 2 or ifile).

TheRoarer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely a JB 3.0 problem. And for anyone trying to connect a device that draws too much power- this was a common problem with 4.3.3.

You will need a powered USB hub. OR a usb hub that can clamp spiked voltages.

Here is a link from pwnified- maker of multitrax, owner of harmonic dog. He has a thread conerning the Yeti, a USB driven microphone. We have been using this work around with no problem.

(can't post the url) due to forum restrictions. But google yeti and harmonic dog.\

If your drive used to work under a different version of iOS- You don't even have to plug in the USB hub to clamp voltages.

Most reactions

Latest posts