External storage

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by wertheim, May 5, 2016.

1. wertheim

wertheim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I travel between Australia and China for business and I use drop box for document storage and dropbox is blocked in China. Is there a way of using a portable hard drive with iPad Pro ?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please tell us what you take to China, i.e. your iPad Pro (assume most recent iOS) - do you also take other equipment, such as a laptop? Have you looked at iCloud Drive as a cloud option - is that service available in China?

Also, let us know what type of documents you need to store - I'm assuming that you simply want a backup of your files, if so from what apps? There are a number of 'wireless' options that setup there own personal Wi-Fi networks and typically require a free app on your iDevice that connects to the storage unit - I own the two shown below that use SD cards - if the apps you use are compatible w/ these devices & their iOS programs, then you could easily transfer your files - take a look at their specs on Amazon or at their websites. Dave
    Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 4.54.39 PM copy.png Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 4.27.47 PM copy.png

3. Nepheler

Nepheler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am in China now and you are right DropBox cannot be used here. But with a VPN you can still open and use Dropbox. And iCloud drive is another way as onoline storage.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List