What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External storage

wertheim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel between Australia and China for business and I use drop box for document storage and dropbox is blocked in China. Is there a way of using a portable hard drive with iPad Pro ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please tell us what you take to China, i.e. your iPad Pro (assume most recent iOS) - do you also take other equipment, such as a laptop? Have you looked at iCloud Drive as a cloud option - is that service available in China?

Also, let us know what type of documents you need to store - I'm assuming that you simply want a backup of your files, if so from what apps? There are a number of 'wireless' options that setup there own personal Wi-Fi networks and typically require a free app on your iDevice that connects to the storage unit - I own the two shown below that use SD cards - if the apps you use are compatible w/ these devices & their iOS programs, then you could easily transfer your files - take a look at their specs on Amazon or at their websites. Dave
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 4.54.39 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 4.27.47 PM copy.png

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel between Australia and China for business and I use drop box for document storage and dropbox is blocked in China. Is there a way of using a portable hard drive with iPad Pro ?

I am in China now and you are right DropBox cannot be used here. But with a VPN you can still open and use Dropbox. And iCloud drive is another way as onoline storage.

Most reactions

Latest posts