What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External hdd with cck on 4.3?

Davidilmour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible with some hack? It was possible on the older iOS but now not anymore. Why Steve, oh why?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not as far as I am aware. Apple chose to reduce the voltage supplied to the camera connection kit when 4.2.1 was released. This upset lots of people!
A hack may not be possible to fix this. Things like voltages supplied to hardware components are usually managed at quite a low level in the OS. You can't just make a little tweak to increase or decrease... imagine the damage you could cause!
We live in hope that either Apple will increase the voltages a little again, or that someone somewhere will find a way to hike it up... Just don't hold your breath.

Hope that helps.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you still can as long as the hard drive is powered, you need a usb y cable to do this.

OP
D

Davidilmour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
you still can as long as the hard drive is powered, you need a usb y cable to do this.

Are you sure? I have tried this several times, but it does not work! I read lots of reports on YouTube and internet that it won't work since the 4.2.1 update.

OP
D

Davidilmour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gray_mouse said:
A bulky external WiFi NAS is the answer.

On holidays my wifi connection might not always be fast enough to stream....

Why did Steve cut this function out of the iPad?

Joey47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He cut it out because for future plans he will make it available for a fee like everything else in this crazy world

Most reactions