What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External battery

iNat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

Does anybody use an external battery for ipad mini? If so, what kind of?

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When it comes to external batteries some of them come quite cheap but they come nasty to in a affect that they don't not charge your device very fast a lot of these charger say they can charge a iPad but it takes 5 to 7 hours roughly to charge a iPad which isn't really much good if you need power in emergency and waiting 8 hours for it just doesn't fit the bill at all really.The problem is this external battery only 1.2 amps which really is just enough power to charge your iPhone and it would charge it about 3 hrs roughly but when it comes to iPad it would take about 6 hrs to charge it or maybe more.

The correct amount of amps you need to charge a iPad is 2.1Mah and this correct amount will charge you iPad in about four hours roughly.

I hope that my knowledge is some use to you because i had the problem in the begin and i had to find out for myself and find out why the iPad charged so slow and it stated that it can charge a iPad which it does but not very fast at all quite slow in fact not good if you need power.

I have a good charger but it is expensive but it charges a iPad really well roughly it charges my iPad mini 30% a hour roughly
The best advice i can give you is be really carefully which charger you decide to invest in because you could have the problem where i had it take ages to charge my iPad

Here is the site what supply the battery that i use they are very good quality and engineered very well i'am actually going to invest in another because i have two iPad to that i can keep them both charged up all the time and charge my iPhone when i am out and about.

A lot of photographer use these batteries to keep that laptop charged up when they are out in the field and need power i have used the mine to charge my macbook up a few times

USA Site HyperJuice External Battery for Apple MacBook, iPad, iPhone, USB Devices
This is the version that i have to keep my iPad charged up when i'am on the move

United kingdom site External MacBook Batteries and Portable MacBook Chargers from Protronica Ltd

I like i have said just be careful what you buy because its not much a iPad charging very slow

If you have anymore questions and you need some help please feel free to contact me on the forum
and i will be willing to help you out of my best of my abilities.

Best regards paul
Happy ipadding :):)

OP
iNat

iNat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy ipadding too ;)

OP
iNat

iNat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help :) i will contact you if i need more help. I wrote it in my message before but it did not show in the message. I do not why. Thanks again

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your Welcome i'am glad that i could help you out
I would recommend hypejuice because another reason they are so expensive because they last 1000 charges before the battery is effected which is a long time and i think that why they are so expensive because they last long most batteries only last 500 cycles and then the battery started to decline hyperjuice will decline quite slow.So in theory if you bought a 500 cycle charger then you would have to buy two of the 500 cycles to get the 1000 cylces that hyperjuice provide.in theory time you bought the two 500 cycles chargeres then you would probably just about be able to afford to a hyperjuice then it again it could end up cheaper in the long run.

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg Sparq. I use it when I am on the road to extend battery in my iPhone 5 and iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts