What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External (additional) battery

mucky1957

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys,

I have seen a post elsewhere about an external battery...but this is slightly different..hope it's ok to post.

I have an Ipad 1 and the battery seems fine.
I also have an ipod touch and I bought an external battery for it which runs forever (for use on long journeys etc). Can any one tell me if the extra battery for the touch can be used with the ipad.!! The connections seem the same..I don't want to do anything until someone says yes in case I fry one or the other.

thanks.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mucky1957 said:
hi guys,

I have seen a post elsewhere about an external battery...but this is slightly different..hope it's ok to post.

I have an Ipad 1 and the battery seems fine.
I also have an ipod touch and I bought an external battery for it which runs forever (for use on long journeys etc). Can any one tell me if the extra battery for the touch can be used with the ipad.!! The connections seem the same..I don't want to do anything until someone says yes in case I fry one or the other.

thanks.

I think it depends on the amphere hour rating of the battery, note the iPad uses 2 amps at 5volts, where's the iPod touch power / amp rating is a lot less, so what this means is it could drain the battery faster and also overheat and cause possible damage to the battery.

Most reactions